Update added by user Jun 01, 2013
Juat an update.The machine flooded again...
Of course Sears has done nothing... Spent $300 to fix... different part, but likely result from their first mistake...this one could have easily set house on fire...something shorted... at least no longer under warranty with Sears so got fixed right away...
small company could get missing part in 1 day (I actually had him check the part from last time...he had that on his truck)!!!(Not 2-3 weeks like Sears)
Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2011
I have an LG washing machine purchased reconditioned by Sears, I also got the extended warranty and the matching dryer. While under warranty the washer extensively flooded my house (about $50,000 or more of damage), that was Oct 2010. I immediately called Sears, no help so called LG who did give me advice on how to get the water out of the frount loader (Sears had recommended I open the door!)
Four weeks later Sears still had not come out to fix my machine, and I had now taken 2 days off work....So I called LG and got a repair recommendation. First words were what *** had tried to fix the machine...I said Sears had refurbished it...apparently the guy put the back on wrong for starters, then also failed to put the cover on the swith box (which turns off water). This cased a hole in the wiring of the switch and put a whole in the water inlet tube...so I have water and electricity together! (by the way the metal outside of the machine could easily gotten electricity, but did not).
Hundreds of dollars of clothes, bedding, towels were ruined as well, got wet, but Sears was supposed to be there right away....so colors faded onto each other, mildew stains....refuse any compensation for this, or my repair costs, laudrymat use, or time loss from work, going to laundrymat (big ordeal here).
It is now June 2011, still have only received a check for about 1/6th of the damages, even not what their hired investigator allowed! My house is stinky now, moldy and all torn up...and I am a widow with 4 kids!
But at least the electrity water combo (several floor outlets shorted out...ruining my stove, but no fire and no one was electrocuted. My kids and I were barefooted wiping up water unaware of the electrical issue and danger.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Wahing Machine
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired. It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I..."
- "Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve..."
- "Spend hours on Labors day weekend picking out four major appliances for my kitchen renovation. Went to place my order and the website froze. No problem. Started..."
- "Cascade Distributing is owned by a wonderful old man named Bud Lovell and has his lot ran by his family. The workers at Cascade Distributing are all very good -..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "I ordered a large item from Target.com. Value approx $300. I was to receive a $20 gift certificate with my order. They asked how I wanted it..."
- " I bought a Southern Motion recliner 3 years ago. It is a power recliner, it has been comfortable. The leather is peeling off from the headrest down. There is..."
- "This is our home on what was supposed to be closing day. All of these work issues (plus more significant ones not photographed) were brought up months in advance..."
- "I do recommend the Roca Labs program. After using the Roca Lab Alternative to Gastric Bypass I'M DOWN 18.6 LBS after only one month! I realized that I don't overeat or..."