I called Sears Repair Service on 11/8/12 to request a service call for my Kenmore freezer. It is under an extended warranty. An appointment was scheduled for that afternoon. The technician arrived that afternoon, inspected the freezer for 45 minutes and told me that he did not have the needed parts and that he thought that a replacement freezer would be supplied. He said that he would report his findings.

I heard nothing from Sears and called on 11/15/12. The customer service rep said that the technician failed to request a replacement when he was at my home and that another appointment would have to be set up for another technician to visit and certify that the freezer could not be repaired because the parts were not available. An appointment was set up for the afternoon of 11/15/12. No technician called or visited.

I called again and was told that the technician did not show up (I knew that!) and that nothing could be done until the matter was escalated. I called 1-800-479-6351 and was told that an appointment was set up for 11/17/12 in the morning. I received an automated call this morning to say that the technician would arrive in the afternoon.

I called at 2:00 PM and said that I had not heard from the technician. The customer rep told me that she sent a request for the tech to call me with his arrival time.

I called again at 4:40 PM. I spoke to a technician who said that I would receive a call. I told her that the last rep told me the same thing and that I needed to speak to a supervisor. I have been on hold for 13 minutes listening to horrible music, but the supervisor did not pick up.

The only way that I get satisfaction is to post to Social Media. This is NOT the first time that Sears Repair Service has dropped the ball.

I don't know if a human who cares will read this, but I will start posting negative comments and reporting Sears Repairs to the BBB when I finish this email.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments