My fiance and I received a mixer from his uncle at our engagement party. We recieved two other mixers so we decided to return it and get something else.

His uncle told us that he got it from Sears. My fiance went to return it for store credit since he didnt have the reciept. The manager said that it was not pulling up in their inventory tracking system but after speaking to him, decided to return the item. I went back today, 4 days later, to do some valentines day shopping and found out my card was "not activated".

The manager on duty informed me that the store had voided the return due to an invalid return. She then told me the mixer was coming up as stolen from that store AND that they were filing a police report on my fiance. Neither he or myself have EVER stepped foot inside that store until the day we went in to return it. The manager told me that she knew the time of when it was removed from inventory so If they view the footage, they can see that we had nothing to do with this!!

I'm still in shock that my future husband might have to deal with a felony charge for returning something we got as a gift and had ZERO knowledge otherwise. I asked his uncle about it and he said that he purchased it but cant find the reciept at the moment.

Seriously, my fiance's life might be ruined over this careless error.

We didnt use the gift card they gave us, we didnt gain anything out of this. It's completely unfair.

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments