Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jan 25, 2017

My mistake, it was actually a 30 day warranty

Update by user Jan 25, 2017

In several areas of my complaint I stated a 90 day warranty, when it was actually a 30 day warranty

Original review posted by user Jan 24, 2017

I purchased an electric saw from Sears on 9/21/16.Took it home and attempted to start it to cut some branches.

It was extremely hard to start, and I put it back into the box to return it to the store. Time passed and I tried to return it on 1/22/17. The person behind the register at Sears looked it up, and quickly said there was nothing he could do about it. I could not return it for a replacement because it had been more than 90 days since I purchased it.

Only 90 days??? It cost $360.75 and it did not even work. He said I should have purchased the extended service warranty. So now I have a saw that does not work, and lost the money too.

This salesman, David, was pretty rude.

I've always trusted buying from Sears, and liked their return policy.NOT ANY MORE.

Review about: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Sales person, Lack of service.

30 days, 90 days, what does it matter. You knew the day you bought it that it was defective and you didn't do anything for months. If $360 is a lot of money to you, as you imply in your post, why didn't you rush right back to Sears to have the issue addressed?

to Anonymous Canyon Country, California, United States #1280424

Thanks for your reply. I find this website to be a waste of time, as your statement implies. Have nothing better to do with your time?

Muncie, Indiana, United States #1275913

I find these complaints to be silly.You had an open product for FOUR MONTHS that you openly admitted YOU USED.

I get that you paid roughly a day's worth of wages to buy the product, but every scam artist ever would use a product for four months and then return it.

I'm not saying you are a scam artist, as I am not sure.But, common sense has to come into play at some point.

to off***sumer***ed Canyon Country, California, United States #1276225

Are you for real?Certainly if $365.00 were a days' wages, it would not be worth my time to complain.

People like you find reasons for being treated unfairly.Perhaps if it happened to you??