Portland, Oregon
4.1K views

I returned a Kenmore vacuum I bought sometime ago that was returned in like new conditions with all accessories.

I returned it as the quality of the item isn't what I would have expected from Kenmore/Sears 5-10 years ago but now my expectations are different.

Sears deliberately writes their terms & conditions to give them on the spot discretionary power.

"Restocking fees are applicable on certain home appliances, electronics, etc."

When phrased this way, they can exercise discretion on the spot and allow them to exercise policies that was implemented AFTER the date of purchase.

Stores are not required to accept returns, however if they offer it on receipt, that's a contractual conditions on which you've purchased the item.

The clerk looked up on the computer and said "restocking fee of 15% applies on this item". I let them keep the $6.00. I consider it a tuition for lesson to avoid Sears.

The clerk then asked for my phone number. I refused. Clerk then lied to me to get me to give out the information.

"We need to have the phone number associated with your credit card to get the return to go through"

I stated that receipt doesn't state refusal to provide additional doesn't revoke my right to return, therefore, I will not allow Sears to have my phone number.

She pushed the return through and I got my money back, minus the 15%. Her statement that my phone number that's associated with the card is necessary to push the return was a bald faced lie as it went through without it.

It would seem that they just WANT to have your phone number for internal tracking purpose.

Comments

btw most customers/assoc and eveyrone is conufed because of different things about return exchange policy because managers suck I know...90 days for appliances 15% on built in appliances...sometimes this maybe misapplied by *** people though 88sears.com and the sears website gives the universal sears policy on return exchange if its used and not defective and built in or cooking apps etc 15%...

wrong u urdered a parts direct order...once its processed it cant be cancelled after a while...because its been put through they told u that before hand if u spoke with some in parts of saw on the site...it is pulled immediately btw reason cant be cancelled system and 7 million parts for 300 million customer btw sears provides all fo home depot and lowes parts etc.

the clothes are just like everyone elses and delicate cycles on new machines are just that delicate....u have to run them longer

The clerk did not lie to u *** phone number is what u already gave when purchasing the vacuum, it was already in there...and a phone numbe ris a point of contact ur arguing with a reasonable system...looking stuff up by phone number is what EVERYONE DOES Best Buy Sears Walmart it simplified things...lol what a paranoid

I too will never shop at Sears again. Bought a $3000.00 defective Electrolux Stove and Sears refused to exchange it.

I also returned a iPod doc because the lowest volume setting was too loud. I refused to pay the 15% restocking fee and got a full refund. I am not renting. I am purchasing, but if the item is defective, it will be returned.

90 day return and exchange if defective restock fee waived, manufacturer warranty through manufact....How hard is that to understand?

When u pruchase u agree end of story could have no warranty or return or exchange. Customer subjective line drawing to their situation is unfair and quite ***...

on sears.com there are 90% of the items non sears online order items by third parties looking for pub u buy from them through sears....sears does not handle refunds...you best better speak directly in case of problem with third party

90 days for returns and exchanges on appliances does not mater if it is opened used etc. only built has restock fee...customers abuse this all the time especially window acs theiving greedy evil customers...It was not in perfect condition ur sorry self used it for 3 months and then wanted money back...taco bell as an entity cant survive selling food having it half eaten then returns why should Sears. Sears can say no return policy you *** customer dont even know what a warranty is vs return and exchange u are imbecilic like the rest of this godforsaken country I mean dear God look who the rpesident is!

@thom

Wow! "Godforsaken".

And "dear God" you say. And in the same sentence you say " look who the president is". What are you implying that the president is? That sounds hateful.

What do you think God thinks about your statement? Maybe you should move to another country since you think we are forsaken by God.

Or you just google "all the good things Obama has done for working people, veterans, people with diseases cancelled by their insurance providers, children, the elderly AND projected deficit is going to be lower than since WWII. Take care.

I will never purchased anthing else on sears I got a bad stove and 2days after that i got the stove is on special almost 300 least I call and they said they match the price with 14 day of my buying the stove I went to the store and now they said that I have to go en the 3 days that the promotion was going on. They did not meet the price but the stove that is 3days old is not working.

I am very dissatisfied with the level of customer service that I am receiving regarding my return. I have been hung up on several times, there is no reason to disrespect someone that way. I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.

I bought a ring online on the 26th of December

I received the ring on the 28th of December

I mailed the ring back to the merchant on the 30th of December

The merchant received the ring on the 1st of January…yes I understand it’s a holiday and a Saturday. So, let’s call it the 3rd on January.

I called the merchant; they said they issued a credit on the 13th of January

I called sears to find out what the status of my refund was. I spoke to a very lovely woman, how had knowledge of what was going on. She said that Sears was not going to issue a credit do to lack of information pertaining to the return. She gathered all information that was necessary for the return, so she could get the ball rolling. My question is, why didn’t someone call me? Why didn’t someone call the merchant? Why does the customer have to stay on Sears to get anything done?

She let me know that it would take 5 to 10 business day for the problem to get resolved and that I would receive an e-mail from Sears letting me know the status of my refund….guess what NO e-mail.

I called Sears once again. I spoke to a woman who had all my information right in front of her and didn’t her *** from her head. I finally get out of her the information I needed. You should get your return within 7 to 10 business days from the 25th of January. Great! Today is the 10th business day. Do I have my refund NO! After calling Sears yet again, I ask to speak to a supervisor, the representative comes back on the line and tells me that they can’t come to the phone right now. They checked my information and I won’t be issued a credit for another 7 to 10 business days because I used a gift card.

I understand that there are polices and procedures but, the way this has been handled is ridiculous.

Don't order anything on the outlet site, you have only 10 days to return, that includes weekends and Remembrance Day. Even if you receive the wrong item.

I went in on the 11th day, they weren't open on the 10th for Remembrance Day. I had to go online to check the return policy. Not clearly listed in the returns policy either, you have to look well down the list to see you only have 10 days, if purchased online at outlet. Even the person I talked to at Sears customer service thought that they were being unreasonable, she gave me a $25 credit for my inconvenience, the boots cost $80.

There was nothing she could do, if the local outlet wouldn't take it back. I'm not even going to go into the discussions I had with these people, totally unreasonable.

I know different store has different return policy. That's why I read return policy before I make a purchase. But I think "un-opened item" is different from "item in its original package". An "un-opened item" means an item is not opened, if it is shrink-wrapped, then shrink should not be ripped. But "item in its original package" would mean item can be opened, but has to have all packing material and accessories, including manual, outer box and inner box.

Clearly, Sears think "item in its original package" is same as "un-opened item". Boy, I do not know that's Sears' definition. I was wrong for last 15 years since I never return any item to Sears until today.

So, buyer beware. From now on, Sears will no longer in my shopping list, Costco will be my first choice.

#220664

Sears sucks. It's been years since I've shopped there.

They are charging me 20% to return a nosiy fridge.It is okay I will pay that money and it is the last they gonna have from me cos right after I am cancelling their card and never buying from their overpriced store again..

When I buy merchandise from the store, I generally want it in new, unopened condition. I especially don't want electronics that someone has messed with.

The 15% restocking fee makes perfect sense to me.

The only time it shouldn't apply is if the product is defective AND you are exchanging it. I hate it when people give sales associates *** about a policy that is CLEARLY stated on the receipt.

candiavla

I cancelled an order before it was delivered and 18 days later I am still waiting for my $1,850.00 refund!

I too will never shop at sears. Had the same issues as you did.

Terrible terrible customer service. Rude, liars, liars, liars.

I too purchased a chair and had the same return restocking fee charged, at 21%.

WILL NEVER GO TO SEARS AGAIN - THEY ARE THE WORST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Sears Reviews