Thursday night (12/23/2010), I went up to Sears Home Repair Parts & Service Center in Seattle, WA to buy a part for my Kenmore refrigerator. They told me on the phone that they would hold the part aside for me. They didn't. The woman was a bit rude, but I brushed it off. The part cost me $16.84 which I paid with my debit card.

The next day, Friday, Christmas Eve, midday, I decided to check my bank balance and see that Sears charged me $166.84 (despite the receipt said $16.84). Of course the service store is closed until Monday. I called customer service and no one even tried to help me. Since I had made some other purchases before seeing the error, I am probably overdrawn so fees will be on the way. Since the location is closed for the holidays I cannot do anything until Monday so I have no money for the weekend.

Merry *** Christmas, Sears!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Follow up- went in on Monday, and it seems the lady who made the error was the manager. She gave me the same..

nothing we can do.. telling me my bank had to do something. It turns out that Sears' register charged me $16.84, but she had to do a separate transaction, "pre-approving" the $16.84, where she put in $166.48. So my bank held that aside awaiting Sears to come through with the actual transaction.

(last tuesday) where they only took the $16.84 and the rest was put back.

The manager, Marie, tried to make nice by issuing a refund for my purchase, ($16.84), but I insisted on speaking to the regional manager, who did call me back later that day (it seems the manager did not give her the whole story) She could not do anything to get my money back faster, but she actually listened and was sympathetic. We will see if anything actually changes.

To Jstov,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I wanted to reach out to offer assistance. I’m sorry to read about the problems you’ve encountered with the local Parts and Service Center. I'm terribly sorry and would like the opportunity to investigate this matter. We are a single point of contact for problem resolution within Sears corporate. One of our dedicated and personal case managers would oversee your case from start to finish. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Jstov) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

Call your bank dispuet the 166.84

Then there should be no bounced fees...