With Company response

I am furious with Sears!!!! I placed an order totalling $317.93 because they claimed it was in stock, hence why I agreed to this transaction.They charged my debit card IMMEDIATELY! The very next day, I wake up to an email stating my transaction has been "cancelled" because the item is "no longer in stock."

There was no mention of a refund, so I called up the customer service. The woman told me "It will take 3-5 business days for a refund to go into your bank account."

This is highly unacceptable. I am furious that they charge their customers first and then check to see if it is in stock. I have made A LOT of online purchases from OTHER companies and have gotten 0 problems with any of them. The main reason why I have no problem with other companies is due to the fact that they ship the item FIRST and THEN they charge your account, rather than the other way around like Sears does.

Sears, you have lost a customer. It is no wonder you guys are going out of business! I am going to Target instead. At least they know how to properly process an online order without problems!

Comments

It isn't Sears fault that your bank makes your wait 3-5 days. Blame your bank, not Sears

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous375213:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing online order experience. We can certainly understand how frustrating it is to find out that your item is not in stock after you have paid for it. We would be more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who will follow the refund process to make sure you receive your refund in a timely fashion. Please send the following information – contact number, screen name (Anonymous375213), phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.