With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Nov 19, 2011

Well, after I posted my complaint I received a phone call from Sears corporate headquarters and a case manager talked to me.She was very nice and listened to my complaint and said she would talk to the manager.

She sent me a $75 gift card as an apology for what I went through and asked me to give Sears another chance.I probably will shop Sears again, but NEVER at the Oak Ridge store until they get competant management.

Original review posted by user Oct 19, 2011

Sears had an ad advertising a toolbox combo.I went online and ordered it to be delivered to our local store.

Got an email that it was ready, went to get it, and they had none in stock. Online showed they had it. Manager blamed it on bad inventory control and said they were fixing it as we spoke. He substituted another at a discounted price aif I would not file a complaint with corporate.

Got it home and it was smashed. Went back to exchange it and they didn't have any others. Said he could order it for next week and gave me a gift card and bragged that he had given me a 10% discount(came to $12.45-I spend more on lunch!!). He was very rude and said they were only a small store.

I would think a small store would ve easier to run than a large one. At the rate he is going, he should go back to the stockroom and try there. I asked for a refund and he accomodated and said it would show in 48 hours-well it did but not for the full amount. AND IT STILL SHOWS ONLINE THAT THEY HAVE 3 TOOL BOXES IN STOCK!!!

That really burns me-he hasn't tried to correct anything and it's been a week.

I am now waiting to talk to a district manager-maybe he knows SOMETHING!!Will never shop that stoe again!!

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Carolmutt,

I'm so sorry that the inventory issue at your local Sears store has caused you this inconvenience. I can imagine how frustrating this has been especially knowing that the inventory at the store has still not been corrected. My name is James with Sears Cares and we value you as a Sears customer. We’d like to discuss this further with you and regain your confidence in Sears. Please email your contact information to smsupport@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you to assist. Please be sure to include the phone number you purchased the gift cards under (if different from the preferred contact number) in your email as well as your screen name (Carolmutt) so we can reference your case. Again, I apologize for the trouble we've caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

James H.