Saint-Laurent, Quebec

I purchased a Samsung washer & dryer from Sears. I've had them since June 16, 2012.

In the month of July my dryer wasn't working properly (it would not dry – would only work for approximately 5 minutes). I called customer service and a technician came on July 13, 2012. He said that it might be the flexible hose that's too long and we should cut it and use a shop vac to clean the tube leading outside. We did this and the dryer still didn't work. The same technician came on July 20, 2012 and he said it was the sensor and board and he ordered the parts. The same technician came on July 27, 2012 and he had the wrong parts and said he would come on August 4, 2012. Someone else called on August 3, 2012 to say that he could not come.

I have never seen such a lazy and unprofessional technician, if you can actually call him one because he NEVER did any work. So much for warranty. We also purchased the 5 year extended warranty.

Sears agreed to send me a new dryer, but my dryer was discontinued and they said it was only a small stainless steel detail that was different and the color would be the same. I received this dryer on August 9, 2012. The dryer is not even close to being the same color. There is also a dent on the side panel.

I have requested that the set be changed so that it could match. I chose a matching set, I am paying for a matching set and that's what I expect. I was told that they were not sure they can do this for me as Sears would be taking too much of a loss and it may be easier to reimburse me and take back the washer and dryer.

I have sent a letter to the head office and I am now waiting to see what they will do. I am appalled by the lack of service.

Comments