Purchased a Sealy mattress from Sears on 9/1/08 and within months the $1,259.99 mattress started to sag. When Sears was initally contacted they directed us to Sealy. Sealy was firm in stating that it,'Was not their problem " They told us to contact Sears.

For months Sears gave us the run around and finally sent over a 'bed-check' service person.

He looked at the mattress saying it was indeed sagging and took pictures of the mattress. We were not contacted.

We tracked down Sears and they told us the mattress only sagged 1 inch and in the busines it must sag 1 and 1/2 inches.

We knew it was a bad mattress yet when contacted Sears every time we got the run around. They had no knowledge of our claim. Odd because I have all the paper work and a list of individual and departments contacted.

Each time the clain had to be reopened.

The last phone call which took place on 10/11/10 I was told theat the bed check service would come out a measure 'the sag' again. This did not happen.

I have all the paper work to showing the various Sears departments - rrpos@SearsHC.com, Bed Check, Home Delivery, they even have their own Sears National Complaints Department - 1800-549-4505 (Connie)

We were so sick from the bed that we bought a new one and are very happy with it - from Bloomingdales. We still have the $1,259 mattresss in the house and don't know what to do.

You might want to refer to the NY TImes articles dated 9/9/10 by David Segal, The Haggler regarding Mattress Return Policies. How do companies like Sealy and Sears get away with this.

Should you need any proof of the validity of our clain I would be more than happy to forward the records to you.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Pleasant Dreams,

Lorraine Conforte

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments