With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator in October 2010 from Sears. I only just found out from the internet that my model was an LG made in Korea.

I purchased the refrigerator because I have always trusted Sears. My refrigerator is not even 2 years old and I was told by a Sears' repairman that it cannot be fixed. I am out $1,857.37 because I didn't spend even more money than this buy purchasing a Master Agreement. Consumers please beware.

When you call Sears they tell you to contact Sears Holding Corporation in Hoffman Estate, IL. Don't waste you time.

Don't buy from Sears in the first place. Buy American!

Comments

#1351980

This post is quite ridiculous. LG makes some of the finest appliances out there.

There is no such thing as "Buy American". No one here makes a refrigerator.

I sent an e-mail to the Sears Cares Team as instructed by Kiera and they never got back to me. This is just an attempt by Sears to make people think they actually care.

Thank you Hug for letting everyone know about Craftsman! If it wasn't common knowledge before, it sure is now.

Never in the history of Sears has there been a "Kenmore" factory. Its always made by someone else.

There is also no Craftsman factory either. Quite sure that its common knowledge.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Mdeangelis,

My name is Kiera and I’m part of the Sears Cares Team. We are very sorry to hear that your refrigerator has stopped functioning. We understand how disappointing it is to have your merchandise fail so soon as well as our technician coming out and not being able to complete your repair. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Mdeangelis) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kiera J.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Here is an eye opener! Sears Holding told me that there is no such thing as Kenmore.

Kenmore is just a name not a manufacturer so when you purchase a Kenmore, you really do not know if you are buying a Whirlpool, GE, or whatever Sears decides to slap their Kenmore name on. They call this good business, I call this fraud.

What makes you think LG is junk? If anything is junk its Sears brand Kenmore. If Sears labeled LG's as Kenmores that just goes to show you that Sears is ashamed of their own brand ha!