taken from an email to:

Imran@customerservice.sears.com;larry.costello@searshc.com; rory.swikle@eurorscg.com

On 8 March, 2012 I found Prada bags listed on sears.com at what seemed to be unusually low prices. They were on offer from a Sears marketplace seller by the name of Milan Designer.

I used Sears' online chat feature to check that the bags weren't counterfeit as the prices seemed too good to be true and was assured by Sears customer service team that the merchandise was genuine.

I purchased a bag for $471.69 - order: 338052710

On 12 March I had time to look further into Milan Designer and saw multiple online reports about them being fraudsters, selling counterfeit goods and known for never shipping items that had been ordered (just Google them).

This alarmed me and I contacted Sears customer service again via online chat to cancel the order immediately. I had yet to be informed that the item had shipped. I was told that I had to do this myself, that it had nothing to do with Sears and that the merchant details were included in my purchase confirmation email (from Sears). This turned out to not be true. The link labeled "Seller Info" in my order confirmation email just returns to the Sears site.

Immediately I called and spoke with customer service rep. Maggie (#591719) and explained that I wanted to cancel my order and that there was no link to the seller for me to do so. She was very helpful and kept me on the phone while she tried to contact the seller. The seller's number went to voicemail.

She informed me that if nobody got back to me in three business days that I would be refunded my money in full.

On 19 March I rang customer service number again who let me know that Sears systems were down, hence my email.

Called again on 20 March - Lois tried to call the merchant again - guess what, voicemail. Lois (#41456) claimed that the other Sears rep Maggie gave me false information and that I would not be refunded.

Lois from Customer Service says that Sears doesn't care what other people say. That she can't say if a goods are counterfeit or not. I said wouldn't that have been great to disclose when I asked BEFORE ORDERING if the bags were genuine.

Shame on me for not checking first but I was assured by Sears that the goods I purchased were not counterfeit.

Further calls to Sears Customer Service have been unhelpful. The issue remains unresolved - do not buy goods from Sears or the Sears Marketplace.

______________________________________________________________________

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Shipping Service.

Comments

SEARS ON LINE MARKET PLACE STINKS....WHEN YOU GET YOUR MONEY RIPPED OF BY BATE AND SWITCH SCAMS THEY SEND YOU TO ON LINE SOLUTIONS TEAMS WHICH PASS YOU FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER WITH NO ONE RESOLVING THE ISSUE...LITTLE TROOPERS ON LINE STORE BATE AND SWITCHED A PRODUCT WORTH 400.00 AND TO THIS DAY THEY ARE STILL ON SEARS MARKET PLACE AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO MAKE TE BUYER RECEIVE A FULL REFUND. IT HAS BEEN OVER 5 DAYS AND NO REFUND HAS BEEN ISSUED NOR CAN YOU GET ANYONE TO ASSIST YOU. this is the reason they have bad sellers on their site as they know they can steel your money and get away with it...BUYERS BE WARE STAY AWAY FROM SEARS MARKET PLACE...STAY WITH EBAY AND AMAZON AS THEY BACK THE BUYER AND RETURN YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU ARE SCAMMED...SEARS DOES NOTHING FOR THE BUYER AT ALL..