With Company response Not resolved

I bought an HVAC unit from Sears in 2007.I had problems from the start, but the major problem is that I have to replace the refrigerant once or twice a year.

In a properly functioning unit, the refrigerant should never have to be replaced. The refrigerant leak leads the compressor to fail, and now I am told I will have to replace the compressor for the second time. I am charged $270 every time they replace the refrigerant and the compressor is still covered by warranty, but I have to pay $800 in labor. In 2012 the technician informed me that refrigerant leaks was a known defect with our unit.

It is not fair that I am repeatedly charged for a problem that is caused by a defective unit. The tech informed me that the leak would be too difficult to find, since it is probably small. As far as the company is concerned, apparently my only option is to continue to replace the refrigerant and the compressor. I have tried to call Sears and sent e-mails but I am continually transferred and put on hold.

I have spoken to 6 people today and sent out 4 e-mails. No one knows who I am supposed to speak to.

The last person that I spoke to responded with derision and spoke in a patronizing tone when I told her that my unit was defective from the date of purchase.Then she transferred me to an answering machine.

Comments

Racine, Wisconsin, United States #685385

Hello,

Your situation sounds oh so familiar.We are having the same issue.

Has Sears offered any resolution? So far I haven't been offered anything. We should get together and see if we can file a class action suit against them. HVAC are big investments and I don't know about you, but I don't have $8000 to give away.

Sears has shown me they lack respect and dignity when it comes to the consumers. Please respond as I love to connect to with you and discuss the similarities in our cases.

Thank you.

SearsCares
Sears Response

strikingoil, we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience surrounding your HVAC unit and for the poor customer service you received after reaching out to us for help. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. We'd like to look into this issue further for you and offer our assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (strikingoil), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Dianne D.