I purchased a 70 inch Toshiba DLP Television back in 2008 with an extended 5 year warranty through Sears covering me through 2013. I recently contacted Sears concerning white dots appearing on my television screen.

After talking to two Sears reps, they informed me that I should contact Toshiba as they were the manufacturer and Sears would not cover the imperfections on my screen (would not even send a technician to my house to examine the television). I don't understand how they can charge 350 dollars for an extended warranty and then refuse to at minimum diagnose the problem.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 27, 2012.

Comments

Honest4Sure
Camden, New Jersey, United States #595472

Does your service contract cover "normal wear and tear? What do the terms and conditions say?

Are the "white dots" affecting the quality of the picture? Are they appearing with more frequency over time? Where are they on the TV? Is this Sears "service" you're speaking with or the store personnel?

You can probably Google this problem or forums as such on the Toshiba website. On the other hand, Sears has been selling this nonsense since the inception of service contracts/extended warranties.

Any due diligence research would have uncovered less than stellar service, unrealistic expectations and lots of incompetence. You succumbed to commissioned salespeople - you expected more?