SEARS Complaint

LACK OF SERVICE - KENMORE COMPACTOR SERVICE CONTRACT. Posted By: EXSEARSCUST on 8/3/2007

Location: WARWICK, NY

Several years ago, I purchased a Compaq computer and all the accessories at the Middletown NY store. I also paid (overpaid) for a service contract on the pc and I also renewed it when needed.

Finally, it broke. Despite all my calls to SEARS service people, they could not find a tech to come to my home in Warwick NY. The so-called tech for this area lived all the way down in New Jersey. I had to get someone else to fix it.

Several years ago. I purchased a compactor. I have been paying for my service contract. I had it repaired onCe a couple of years ago. There was a compactor-trained tech sent from sears.

I placed a call last week on the compactor. We had to stay home all day JULY 21. The tech called at 3:15.says he doesn’t know anything about compactor repairs. He said he was dispatched to do a 'SERVICE CHECK" as opposed to a SERVICE CALL.

He said that IF it were broken, he wouldn’t know the first thing about fixing it. He Said he'd have his office call to see what could be worked out. He said he wouldn’t be here before 4:30 pm.

SEARS CALLED ABOT 6 PM..SAID THAT DUE TO AN UNAVOIDABLE PROBLEM, THE TECH COULD NOT COMPLETE THE CALL.

WHAT THE *** AM I BUYING SERVICE COTRACTS FOR. SEARS DOES NOT DELIVER WHAT THEY PROMISE.

SEARS WAS SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE AGAIN ON JULY 31..NEVER SHOWED. SEARS CALLED AND SAID THAT DUE TO AN UNAVOIDABLE PROBLEM, THE TECH COULDN'T COMPLETE THE CALL. SEARS CALLED AT 6 PM

LAST MONTH, WE BOUGHT A NEW KENMORE RANGE. WE PURCHASED a 5-YEAR SERVICE/REPLACEMENT CONTRACT. WILL WE GET CHEATED ON THAT WHEN WE NEED SERVICE?

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SEARS? I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY A SERVICE CONTRACT EVER AGAIN FROM SEARS. I WENT TO THE CORPORATE SITE, GOT THE NAMES OF ALL THE SEARS HOLDING COMPANY BRASS, USING VARIOUS SEARCH ENGINES, I FOUND THEIR HOME ADDRESSES AND SOME PHONE NUMBERS, I SENT THEM EACH A COMPLAINT LETTER.

I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM SEARS. I WILL BE RELEASING THE NAMES AND ADDRESSED WITHIN A WEEK TO WHAT EVER BLOG WILL ACCEPT THEM.

Comments