With Company response Not resolved

I called Sears dishwasher repair because my dishes wouldn't come out clean.

The technician guy said he could fix it for eighty dollars, which I paid. The supposed fix did not work at all.

I called two days later (note that the service is guaranteed for ninety days). The same guy came back and said that in order to fix it he would charge an additional

140 dollars, which I refused to pay. It is simple, right? I complained to Sears but they just pretend not to understand.

I only want my eighty dollars and change back. They won't budge.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Finally Sears relented. Was it my post on Pissed Consumer, my registered letter, my phone calls, the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General, the Division of Consumer Protection, or my letter to the New York Times?? I don't know, but Sears returned my money.

What is this sears social media support? I'm suspicious.

How come Sears suddenly became accomodating? I sense a scam.

Note that Edwin C. wants me to publish personal info in public, but he doesn't provide any contact information.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Julio923,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the inconveniences created by our service repair department in reference to the charges for the repair of your dishwasher. We’ll be happy to look in these charges and make sure this matter is taken care of properly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Julio923), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Was it an actual Sears technician, an A&E Factory Service tech or another contractor? Might be on the reciept. Contact them directly and then Sears again, see what happens.

I give them one last chance to rectify the situation by speaking to a supervisor. Then go to the local better business bureau and file a complaint. Also findout if there is any warranty at all from the actual manufacturer.

Sears is nothing compared to what it was decades ago.