Alanson, Michigan
With Company response Not resolved

Sears sold me a dangerous wash machine that does not shut off when it gets out of balance.It crashed through my bathroom causing much damage.

A week later I get a recall notice stating stop using machine until software can be fixed by Sears tech. After 8 failed appointments in which I stayed home all day and missed work to meet their 8am - 5:30pm service window and 7 months have passed my machine is finally fixed, but my bathroom closet doors are not. Through all of this all Sears offered me (promised me) was a small $225 refund once the wash maching repair was completed. Now they have denied even that because the latest incompetent staff I talked to are not on the same page as the previous incompetent staff I talked to.

They say that since it was a recall not a repair that I paid for I am not qualified for any compensation.Do yourself a favor and NEVER buy any appliance from Sears!!!!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Helandt,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. I came across your post and wanted to express our apologies for the difficulties you have experienced with your washer. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level imaginable and would like to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure your situation is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (helandt), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.