With Company response

We purchased all our kitchen appliances from Sears less than 6 months ago.The dishwasher stopped working so we called Sears service for a warranty repair.

They scheduled us over a week away during the holidays. They said they would be at our house between 8 AM and noon. At 10 AM on the day they were to arrive they called and said they wouldn't be there and added another week before they could come. When we told them that was unsatisfactory and asked to speak to a manager they hung up.

We have not had a dishwasher since before thanksgiving and still do not on December 6th.

The woman who called stated that because it was a warranty repair we would need to wait.I am through buying anything from Sears.

Review about: Sears Repair.

When you say warranty repair do you mean a repair under a service agreement or the manufacturer?Also did they say a Sears technician would be sent out or a contractor like A&E Factory Services?

A big problem with Sears and their service departments is that even with a service agreement alot of service managers want you to go through the manufacturer first. In the past Sears Service would cover the repair themselves sometimes getting reimbursed from the manufacturer after the fact. But Sears being so cheap with it's vendors now has many agreements that the vendor/supplier will not reimburse Sears after the fact.

When dealing with Sears service always get dates, times, employees & numbers and service request/ticket numbers.Also be aware many service companies wind up closing or cancelling your service request so they don't get gigged for a missed appointment or overtime from the higher ups.

Sears Response

Please accept our apologies for the experience you have encountered with the repair of your dishwasher. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post and wanted to offer our assistance. I can truly understand how important it is to have your dishwasher repaired in a timely manner. Even more, I can see how frustrating it is to have your repair rescheduled and the level of customer service you have received when you contacted us. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous1938) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.