With Company response Not resolved

We had an appointment scheduled with Sears service to look at our dishwasher that stopped working. The dishwasher was purchased at Sears and we have a 5 yr extended warranty on this dishwasher.

Sears service calls us a half hour before the scheduled appointment to tell us that their technician was not going to make the appointment. Sears service reschedules our service appointment for a week later! Sears cancelled on us and the earliest they can reschedule is a week later? When I called to complain and to tell them that it was unacceptable, they gave me the run around about not being able to schedule an appointment any sooner.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that they were all busy at the time because Sears was short staffed. I was told that a supervisor would call me in 30-40 minutes. I did not get a return call.

Sears is great at making a lot of promises about their service and taking your money, but forget it if you actually expect them to meet their obligations. I will never purchase another product from Sears.

Comments

Searssucker,

Don't go through "Brian H" or any "case manager". Nothing against them but they can't do much. Seriously you can fix this situation faster than they can.

What you need to do is take any receipts OR credit card/debit card you used to purchase the dish washer and the 5 year Master Protection Agreement (Yeah I know what it is because I work for Sears) and go into your local Sears store. Ask an associate if you could kindly speak with the "Brand Central Manager", the Brand Central Manager runs the Appliances and the Electronics Department. If they are not present, ask for the "Operations Manager" and if they are not present, well ask for the "Store Manager".

Most of the time they can call the Protection Agreement District Manager and have her or him push your schedule to an earlier date OR they can call the Protection Agreement office and talk to a supervisor and explain your situation. At my store we do this all the time, and I would say 90% of the time it can be done. 90% successful rate is better than not trying at all :)

SearsCares
Sears Response

Searsucker,

I'm very sorry to hear that your repair has not gone as you expected. Putting myself in your shoes, I wouldn’t blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Searsucker) so we can reference your case. Again, I apologize for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

Brian H.