With Company response Not resolved

I called Sears Home Service on January 9 to get my washing machine fixed. Before I continue, it is February 4 today, and they still have not shown up.

They scheduled a serviceman to come within two weeks of contacting them. When I called that morning to confirm, the person told me that the appointment was canceled. I had to call to find that out! They did not even call to tell me! I therefore lost a day of work and after 36 minutes on the phone with the supervisor they promised to come Saturday February 9--as I was not going to miss another day of work. This morning, February 4, an automated reminder called to remind me about my Tuesday, February 5 appointment...

I flipped! I never scheduled that date and when I called, Saturday was no longer available. Today, over the course of FOUR phone calls, I was hung up on three times, put on hold for over 1.5 hours and told no one could come until February 16. That means FIVE weeks without clean clothes.

Sears said they can't help me even after all of their mistakes. The fourth customer service rep (remember I was hung up on the first three times) also accused me of lying. She told me I hadn't called since January 9. I asked her why I would wait until February 5 to get service. She then realized her mistake--no one waits 30 days to wait for service! What a horrible company with awful service!

I hate Sears!!!

Comments

law4brad
Camden, New Jersey, United States #620252

I gave up on trying to reach Sears. I told my home warranty company about the problem and they sent out a small company.

Within a week I had new appliances.

debeym
Conroe, Texas, United States #604838

Call the executive offices. Thats what I had to do today after screwing with Customer Care since Jan 20. Their number is 800-995-2139

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear law4brad:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing receiving service for your washer. We certainly understand your frustration and concern over having your appointment canceled and also having the wrong date set up for repairing your washer. I would also like to apologize for the poor customer service experience you had when calling our call center to receive help regarding this issue. It is unacceptable to be hung up on, associates accusing you of lying or just plain being rude. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We value your business very much and would like to speak with you regarding this situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (law4brad) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.