2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

It's now Christmas at 12:28am and the gift I purchased and was scheduled to pick up for my family isn't "under my tree", it's still somewhere at your store. I tried for three days to contact someone at your San Bernardino store leaving messages because no one would pick up the phone at the operator desk or ANY department within that store.

I don't know if your company universally told your stores not to answer phone calls the last week or few days prior to Christmas, or if it was just this store. It would ring and ring and finally a recording would come on to leave a message and your call would be returned in a "timely" manner. Not before, however, stating that if I were an employee calling off two hours or less prior to my shift, I would be counted as a no call no show. First, why would you mix employee instructions and/or contact lines with the general public.

Secondly, why would you want the public to know your employee policies and thirdly, why would you put the public through having to listen to that information every time they tried to call about their purchase!!!! Finally, they MUST listen to know then which employee was calling off for their shift, but not care enough to return MY call about my purchase??? I used to wait with great anticipation as a child, the arrival of the Sears Christmas Catalog. Going through each page and dreaming of the great things I might get from Santa that year.

Then, as a young adult, I continued the tradition with my kids until somewhere along the way the catalog ceased to exist. I can't tell you in an email how disappointed I have become and particularly am right now, with how you operate your company. I get that times have changed but good service never goes out of style. It is very much gone though from your organization.

Even walking through your store is uncomfortable. It reminds me of a 99 cent store quite frankly. So sad. I suppose I will figure out where my product is after Christmas because you have my 150.00, but I can assure you that this will be my absolute last purchase from Sears.

To not even get called back after being ignored by a phone that had no intention of getting answered is insulting. It tells me that my business is not important. My needs for my family for Christmas are not as important as the current customer walking through your store at that particular moment. I own my business.

I am in a business where we only get one chance to do what we do right the first time. I've been doing what I do for 44 years and would never treat one of my customers in the fashion I've been treated this week by your company. I'd be looking for another job or business because this one would be closed! Shame on you for what Sears has become.

Shame on you for lowering your sights from excellence and a leader in the retail industry, to one of the ones just hanging on for dear life. If I had free reign in your company I could straighten out the poor service nationwide in 6-12 months. Why can't you do this? You've got the wrong people in your ivory tower that's for sure.

Why do you so easily take my money and make promises for merchandise to be ready three days prior to Christmas then just think it's ok to ignore me! To not give me any avenue of contact whatsoever? To not return phone calls!! I could go on but I'm sure if I get any response at all to this email it will be the typical, we apologize, this is not how we do business, etc.

not good enough, folks! I have nothing for my family member that travels full time and is gone much of the year except to tell them what they might have received on Christmas Day if only Sears was an upstanding company. If only someone would have called me back, if only they would have said it wouldn't be available until after Christmas so I could have looked elsewhere. But my 150.00 was more important than the truth.

Or, more likely....the left doesn't know what the right is doing because your company, people or both are unorganized, uncaring or both. If you care to contact me for the I'm sorry excuse, I'm at 909-362-3933. The same number I left with your San Bernardino store 4 times and the same number I used when I spent 150.00 on a gift that would never be available. Going to bed now, it's 1am here and I have family coming in the morning.

. . And nothing for them. Update.

1/24/17 still no table and no call back from anyone at Sears.com or the local store.

Thank you, Richard A. Foster.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Shipping Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 24, 2017.

Comments