West Rutland, Vermont
With Company response Not resolved

For forty years I owned Kenmore appliances purchased from Sears.They worked well without problems but eventually needed replacement.

Since my experience with the Kenmore products was so good I replaced my Dryer, Washing machine and refrigerator with new Kenmore appliances. Just after the dryer was 1 year old and past the warranty, the timer switch broke. I replaced it with an expensive part and that broke within 4 months. Sears would not take it back and so an electrician jury rigged a switch that works but looks awkward.

The refrigerator drawers slide on a plastic guide. It snapped at the place where it hooks into the shelf. A replacement piece of plastic cost more than $50. The drawers do slide but with difficulty.

When I went into Sears to complain about the awkwardness of the piece they said it is made in China and they had no control over it. I could purchase another one for an additional $50 but it would not work any better. They would not take back the original part. Now my washing machine has stopped.

The problem is the timer control which lets water in and then turns on the mechanism. It is past the warranty so I purchased a new one at the store in St. Johnsbury, Vermont for $164.42. When the repair man came to put it in he found the part was faulty.

It will fill the tub but won't move on to start the washing cycle, Today I took it back to the store in St. Johnsbury. The sales clerk said that since they ordered it on line I had to return it on line. I tried to do that unsuccessfully.

They gave me 3 phone numbers. I called each of them; One was a computer generated voice that wanted me to shop a Sears sale for new appliances. I could not get a human. One was a human who had no authority to take back the part.

The last was a lovely polite woman with minimal English who said yes of course she would help me then hung up without getting my name or phone number.

When I called back it happened three more times.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN and I hope any readers will be very very wary of shopping with them.

Comments

Plattsburgh, New York, United States #572317

I went to the auto center for sears in plattsburgh.The manager bruce furnia is really rude.

I asked for help and he said it wasnt his job to help me. I also heard is workers say he is lucky if he works 25 hours a week.

I also watched him walk to the front and take cash out of the register and look at his workers and say he deserved this money because he had to go to vermont for work.I do not think that is right that he steals from the company like that.

SearsCares
Sears Response

EROBBINS,

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. We are truly sorry to hear about all of the appliance troubles that you have had recently. I can certainly understand your frustration with these items failing shortly after the warranty period expiring and having to pick up the cost for repairs. In addition, your aggravation for the level of service that you have received upon calling in for assistance is absolutely understandable.

Understanding that we let you down with your recent appliance needs, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and be your one point of contact within Sears to ensure that your appliance needs are met to your complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (EROBBINS) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.