With Company response Not resolved

My Kenmore dishwasher stopped working. I do not have a service contract.

Sears said I would have to pay $129.00 + tax for the service call plus the cost of parts. The tech came at the arranged appt time, 10/7, 1 and 1/2 weeks later. He was here for about 2 minutes, and stated this is a computer problem, easily corrected by pushing 5 buttons. He did so and my dishwasher worked.

He told me which 5 buttons to push if it happens again. I asked him why the service people I spoke to when making the appt didn't tell me to try the buttons. He suggested I call them.. When I did, I was told that if I had had a service contract they would have "walked me thru it," but since I did not, I had to pay the $129 for a service call.

Absurd! I didn't use the dishwasher again until less than a week later, 10/13 and it broke down again. Pushing the 5 buttons did not work. I called for service and was given an appt for a week later, 10/21 .

I asked for an earlier appt, particularly because I had already waited 1 and 1/2 weeks for the initial appt and less than 1 week later the machine broke down again. I spoke to a supervisor (I am making a very long and frustrating story much shorter) and told her that I would appreciate an earlier appt, but would not be home 10/14 and 10/15. She put me on hold and came back, stating I could have an appt on 10/14. I said I had just told her that I wouldn't be home on 10/14.

We agreed that I would have the appt on 10/21 unless there is a cancellation and I could get an earlier appt. Well, when I arrived home on 10/15, I had a note from Sears, stating they came on 10/14, but I wasn't home.

When I called to complain about this, I was told that because I had missed the 10/14 appt, they took away my 10/21 appt and gave me a 10/26 appt and nothing can be done. I will never again purchase anything from Sears

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Linda Silber:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team attempting to repair your dishwasher and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Linda Silber) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn

Another (dis)satisfied Sears customer. When, oh when will people wise up and shop anywhere but Sears???