On 3 June 2012, my wife and I shopped for an oven and range hood. We explained specifically that we need an island hood.

We were given choices and picked the one we want., again, I said we need an island hood. We purchased the item, waited two, then picked up the item. I waited another week for the handyman's availability to install the appliances. While in the process of installation, the handyman said that the hood we purchased is not an island hood.

WOW!!! after 3days of waiting, and a week for the handyman's availability, we have the wrong item on hand. I called SEARS and they said, they will refund the item... But the point here is..., SEARS associates do not have the proper training to identify the customers need.

The wait time for item and of course the extra amount I have to pay the handyman because I have to wait another 2-3 days to complete this project..

With this experience I can say that SEARS employees SUCKS.... I am pissed!!!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Thank you for your prompt reply. It's a hassle to receive a wrong item after over a week of waiting. It is supposed to be installed today but been delayed because of incompetency of SEARS associate/

I need an island hood not a wall-mount.

I have been helped by the manager and given a discount on the right item. But still, I am disappointed and have to wait another week for replacement.

You can contact me at my cell if you need to.

619-319-7984

Dear Dong123—

My name is Robert and we are part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re very concerned about what we have read here. We came across your post and wanted to reach out to offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the level of service you have received from our business partners attempting to meet your needs on the island hood for you and your family. We would like to speak with you directly and make sure everything has been completed for you. Our department “Sears Social Media Escalations Team” is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We will research this situation and make sure that whatever can be done for you and your family will be done. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the island hood was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Dong123) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Robert B.