We have been very loyal Sears customers for a long time.We, my husband and I, decided to open a Sears Store Card during a promotion they were running.

We had 2 years to pay the item off with deferred interest. We made our payments every month thinking that what we were paying was going to that first purchase. Other subsequent purchases would be paid after that promotional product was paid off. We made the initial purchase in 3/09.

We always paid on time and well over the minimum payment required. The item should have been paid off as of 3/2011 but instead on the statement I just received we were slammed with an interest payment of $795. Unbelievable. Of course I called Sears but was told the bank has the discretion of where they payments are to be applied.

So, even though I made my payment every month they told me that the bank could apply those payments to whatever item they wanted. I was told that in 2010 a federal was put into place that payments made were to be applied to higher inter items........well there goes the promotion out the window. I didn't know. Here I am going along thinking I am being responsible and paying my bills and I get screwed :-( I find this completely unfair, unjust and deceitful.

If I knew then what I know now we would have just paid cash and been done with it. It's the principal the matter. My husband is going to Sears today to pay them in full and he is going to cut up the card in front them.

We are VERY financially responsible people.We will never shop at Sears ever again and will encourage everyone we know to do the same.

Comments

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SITIUATION. IF YOU NEED SOME HELP GO TO MY WEBSITE AND CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL AND LETS SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP. www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/erikevans