With Company response Not resolved

I bought a microwave / wall oven combo from Sears on Oct 2008. It stopped working in March 2011. I called Sears for the repair job. The technician replaced the fuse and charged me $144. On Aug 26th 2011, it again started giving me issues. This time the microwave will not turn on. The technician came and found an issue with the interlock and replaced a switch, again costing me $186. The microwave again had the same issue in July 2012. This time I spoke to a supervisor, Eric. I told him that I have already spent more than the cost of the microwave and the problem is still there. This time the technician again adjusted the interlock and replaced another switch. I had to shell out $143. This brings us to Oct 2012, the microwave has stopped again. This time sears is asking me to shell out $92.

The microwave has had the same issue with faulty interlock causing it to trip the fuse and cause switches to burn out. Sears need to accept that they have not been able to fix the root cause and made me shell out $470 or so. A new unit costs $300 or so.

I have been very patient with sears but enough is enough. They need to replace this lemon and stand behind their product. They have mis-diagnosed the issue and kept applying band aids.

Thanks

Gurjit Thandi

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Gurjit Thandi:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the numerous repair issues you have had with your microwave. We understand how frustrated and distressed you are that a number of our technician's appointments have been to repair the same problem. I can imagine that I would also feel that these repairs could be similar and would want this looked at a bit closer. We would like to look into these issues and offer our assistance to help with a resolution. We value your business and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you has been done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Gurjit Thandi) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.