I wanted to purchase an LG washer/dryer combo at my local Sears store this morning. The Black Friday circular did state 5 units per store and no rain checks.

These happen to be 30% off (a $600 savings in total). After waiting patiently while sales people helped others, I was finally helped by a gentleman who told me both units where in stock. He proceeded to enter the order on his iPad and when I swiped my debit card, their system went down including Ipads and traditional cash registers. A few minutes later we tried the card again, but now the units where out of stock.

The salesman went back and forth with his manager because he knew this was Sears fault, not mine.

He finally sheepishly told me, "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do." I spoke to the manager who agreed to honor a rain check if they come in stock again. We'll see.

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

tracyelamb
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #775141

The 2 month update: Sears didn't honor the rain check as suspected. I've since purchased the same units at HH Gregg who honored the Thanksgiving Day flyer pricing 6 weeks later.

Loving HH Gregg.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #775129

So your are complaining beacuse the company has agreed to a rain xheck? They agree to help and you still complain.