With Company response Not resolved

Purchased an item using $500 in gift cards towards a $1700 wall oven/microwave combo. Received an email saying item is no longer available. After 6 phone calls being handed off to person after person each passing the buck I'm being told it will take 2-5 weeks to send a new gift card. In the meantime I can't cook my family dinner because I no longer have a working oven or microwave.

Had their system bothered to update the sale of the item off of their store floor in the first place this wouldn't have happened. They claim they can't put the money back onto the original cards because "most customers immediately dispose of their cards". Despite the fact that I have said repeatedly that I have the cards in my hand and am happy to go to their physical location to have this verified they are still unwilling to resolve this issue. If they cannot put the money back onto the cards then email me the numbers off of a new set of cards. Claiming this isn't possible is simply their way of saying they don't care about their customers.

In my opinion they have stolen $500 from my family. This is an example of the worst of bureaucracy at work. Claiming they have to pass the information on to "an off-line research group who has no direct phone access" is a load of ***. If they wanted to make this happen they could. They have their money and don't care if I ever get satisfaction.

Sears could have made a nearly $2000 sale. Instead they have made a very angry customer. If I ever see that money again you can guarantee that I will not make that large ticket purchase and will spend nothing but the total from the cards. Way to go Sears.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Virginalim,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your recent oven/microwave combo purchase. We can truly understand your frustrations for not being refunded in a timely manner. We recently reached out to you on a different website on 07/23/2013. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the appliance is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (virginalim) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.