Four months ago, we ordered a gas dryer, pedestal and gas dryer installation kit. We ordered for our new home that we did not live in yet.

We had incorrectly assummed we could have gas. We had to send it back and get an electric dryer. We returned the gas dryer, pedestal, and installation kit for a total of nearly $2000. On that same day, I ordered, from SEARS, an electric replacement.

I have never received my refund. I finally went to my bank after hearing from Sears for over a month "Your refund is being processed." My bank disputed the charge. SEARS told them we had never returned the items and the bank rescinded the chargeback. I started dealing with the idiots at Sears again.

Who, now, are all in agreement that the items have been returned and I am entitled to a refund. At least three Sears reps have told me "I don't know why you haven't been refunded, the items have been returned." Two went so far as to say, "This is ridiculous." Then I was asked to send the letter I received from my bank rescinding the chargeback. I did. Three times.

Still, no refund. Finally, yesterday, I received an email from some anonymous Sears source thanking me for my business, and telling me that they cannot refund me because we got a chargeback from our bank! And, furthermore, if the bank had rescinded any of the chargeback to call the bank for a resolution or to file another dispute!

So, I guess we'll have to sue. I will never, ever darken Sears door again and I've told everyone I know.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments