Putnam Valley, New York

On purchasing a Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator in 9/04, I also purchased an Extended Warranty from Sears in Yorktown Heights, New York.

Over the July 4th week-end, of 2008, the Ice Maker stopped functioning; Sears Repair was immediately contacted and gave me an appointment for July 25th. The technician never showed, never called; Sears claimed he called in sick, early that morning but, no one from Sears ever contacted me.

Day One of no work/lost wages and, I bitterly complained.

On Saturday, July 26, 2008, Sears called to say that a technician would be at my home that afternoon; again I left work. Sears then cancelled that appointment saying the technician was "too busy" and re-scheduled for Monday, August 4, 2008, from 8 a.m. - 12 Noon.

Day Two of no work/lost wages.

Today is August 4th; the time is now 3:28 p.m.; the technician STILL has not shown; he is overbooked. Sears insisted he would be at my home by 12 Noon; he stated otherwise.

Day Three of no work/lost wages.

At 3:29 p.m., the technician phoned to state that he was in the area and that I was next in line. Whether or not he will keep this appointment is nothing more than a guess.

I have contacted the New York State office of Consumer Fraud with regard to Sears failure to comply with the terms of a legal contract and I will be seeking reimbursement for my three days of lost wages through legal channels if Sears continues to shirk their contractual responsibilities.

Comments