I went to Sears (Louisville, KY) to purchase a water heater. I asked the sales person if the unit was in stock twice, and they verified both times that it was. This was on a Sunday, so I set up the installation for Tuesday. Most of Tuesday came and went, so around 3:00pm my wife called Sears to find out what was going on. She was told by Sears that the installer was waiting on the water heater to be loaded on the truck and we would get a call as soon as he was leaving the store. Around 5:00pm I called the store again. After 20 minutes of hold time they told me the installer had not left yet due to the water heater not being delivered to the store????

OK, now I'm officially pissed. I drove to the store and was in the process of cancelling the entire transaction. The sales lady didn't understand what was going on so she looked it up in the system. Yep! There it was in the bin waiting for the installer to pick up.

It was obvious to me that the left hand wasn't talking to the right hand. She looked at me like "Well do you want to reschedule?" Uhhh...NO! You already screwed me out of one day. Your on crack if you think I am going to let you do it to me again.

Typical corporate America. They don't seem to give a rat's *** about wasting the customers time.

Bottom line...I will never set foot in Sears again. If they don't know how to perform a simple transaction, I absolutely will not give them a dime of my money ever again. Sears sucks!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

I can't believe that Sears.com has resorted into turning into downright thieves. I placed an online order for a stove on Sept 6th.

The next day, Sears.com cancelled the stove order by email saying the company was unable to deliver it. Funny, I checked the website and the same make and model was listed as "in stock", but just at a higher price than I purchased it at. In the email, it said I would receive a refund for the order that Sears.com cancelled in 3-5 business days. Well, 8 days go by and no refund.

Then I contacted Sears.com by email and get the response that it has to be "researched". It is now the 29th of Sept. and still no refund. So, another week goes by and I call this time and get the excuse that the store hasn't approved the credit yet.

What?! You took the money and didn't deliver the product, but you haven't issued a refund. I told the customer service rep, I don't care why the refund wasn't approved because they owed me my money back. Oh, we'll have to check on that.

So, 3 weeks go by and no refund. I'm off to my bank to report this as fraud so I can finally get my money back. I'm doing a house remodel and need the money that Sears.com stole.

Needless to say, Sears.com is without excuse for refusing to refund my money for an order it cancelled nearly a month ago. Buyers beware.

Excellent blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes as well as the facts are well written.

I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made.

I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!