With Company response

We purchased a new Kenmore stackable washer/dryer from the Sears store in Ventura, CA.We asked to have everything includied in the order, including all accessories (venting, stacking kit, etc) and arranged for delivery since we were opening a new Sears account to get the appliances.

The machines were delivered, but no stacking kit. A subsequent installation was required to be set up. The 2nd team came, added the stacking kit, but then stated we had the wrong type of venting, requireding flexible, fireproof venting and aluminum tape. They arrived early Saturday morning, without a prior phone call.

We quickly took the incorrect venting back to the local store and complained to the department manager sinc ethe 1st rteam had all the information for the subsequent installation visit. The dept manage did his best song and dance, apologize and arranged (with witnesses while he called the delivery crew) that they would be back the same day to complete the job. They never showed and never called.. We have had to take time away from work at least twice to get this done.

The 2nd team wanted to try to convince us that we could do the new venting and complete the installation ourselves, but were quickly reminded that installation had already been paid for and was expected to be completed by them. When they didn't show as expected, we again called the local store, and were again provided lip service. Sears is notoriously poor in this performance area, and if complete and total satisfaction can not be provided, they'll have to make another trip to our house to take the product back. Going forward, we wilkl NEVER buy another product/service from Sears.

Routinely ridiculously poor.No wonder they are doing so poorly that they are closing stores!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

* and use what was there, and maybe have a fire is what it was supposed to say....I know if I needed laundry done, and most of the stuff was done, it just seems like less of a hassle to take a few mins and finish it up

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #1174958

Why wouldn't you have taken the 5 mins and hooked up dryer vent??I just don't understand some people...things happen, and 3 trips out to 1 persons home is costing way more money to them, then you paid.

You are lucky the crew didn't just keep their mouth shut and used why we there and my be have a fire....and it seems like 97 percent of it was installed.If I wanted it done, me for myself, I'd take the 5 mins and hook up vent to dryer to the wall, scoot dryer back, and be done with the whole thing

Tacoma, Washington, United States #846354

I am still too angry to make a lengthy comment, but my microwave/range hood has now been on my kitchen floor, in the box, for i month while I wait for install.I have talked to many managers?, I believe 120 phone calls.

I am still waiting.J

....and another thing...........Sears has all their tools MADE IN CHINA now, but conveniently left the huge "MADE IN USA" stamp on the made in china tools and made no nevermind to tell the consumer. They're getting their butts sued off right now in a class action law suit out of Orange County, Ca.

Join it.

Sears is just like a cockroach......useless, disgusting, vile, and dangerous; but refuses to die.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #687495

Will never order something from Sears Again!!!!Ordered a fridge to be delivered today.

They did not show so I called them only to find out they have rescheduled the delivery for a month down the road. I have rotting food. No fridge! I am a single mom.

First they told me the computer rescheduled the delivery due to back orders. Now they say my original fridge was damaged.

They are trying to make it sound like they are doing me a big favour by uping the delivery date to one week from now or maybe they can get me a fridge sooner if I buy a more expensive one.Meanwhile I have lost a few hundred dollars worth of food, a day off for having it delivered and need to find a replacement fridge fast.

Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States #643724

My two year old chain saw started leaking Bar Oil all over the place. Knowing chain saws often have problems, I bought the 3 year protection plan, I was thinking I was all set!

I went back to Sears with the faulty saw only to be told that they would have to 'send it away to be repaired', and that it 'would take at LEAST a month to hear back'!

THEY ACTUALLY SUGGETSED I TAKE IT TO A LOCAL REPAIR SHOP if I wanted it quicker (at my own expense).

That's complete BS. A month??? What a waste of money after buying poorly constructed equipment!

I feel ripped off twice...

Never again, I'll take my chances with Home Depot...

Towaco, New Jersey, United States #643238

THESE BASTARDS SOLD ME A WASHER AND DRYER THAT COMBINED HAVE BRIKEN SEVEN TIMES!I HAVE HAD EVRY *** REPAIRMAN FROM INDIA TO GHANA TO WHO THE *** KNOWS ALL WITH DIFFERENT REASONS

UNABLE TO DIAGNOSE THE REAL PROBLEM!

THEY SHOW UP-THEY ORDER THE PART- THEN COME REPLACE IT AND THEN BEG FOR YOR FEED BACK TO RATE THEM! THESE MF'S ARE CLUELESS OR PERHAPS IT'S THE ONLY COMPANY THAT HAS A JOB OPEN EVERYTIME DUE TO THE TURN OVER AT THE AWFUL, CLUELESS, FUCKEN CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT BARELY SPEAK AT LEAST SLANG AND ARE ALL THE BOTTON FEEDERS OF SOME THIRD WORLD COUNTRY THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A FUCKEN APPLIANCE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE!! I'M FED UP THAT 2 YEAR OLD APPLIANCES BRAKE AND BRAKE AND THESE ASHHOLES JUST DON'T GET IT! NEVER EVER EVER PURCHASE ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS UNLESS IT COMES WITH A FUCKEN ENGLISH SPEAKING CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN THAT IT'S GUARANTEED!

THESE ASHHOLES ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED AND WILL CONTINUE TO FIX THEIR SHET APPLIANCES TO AVOID REPLACING THEM!SEARS SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Sears customer service sucks.Over the winter my front load washer needed service.

It took 4 different repair men to ultimately repair it and I was without a working washing machine for 7 weeks. Of course I got no break on the repair price even though it took them almost 2 months to repair it. Sears gave me a $50 gift card. That didn't even begin to cover my laundromat costs never mind the irritation of having no washing machine for two months and endless waiting for the repair men.

That was six months ago. Now it's broken again. I told Sears I wanted them to waive the $75 service call fee as it's the least they could do after the dismal recent experience. They informed me that they will make no more "concessions" to me and after going back and forth with them several times I ultimately did what I should have done six months ago.

I went out and bought a new washer from a reputable dealer. Of course I was more interested in the repair policy (next day) than the features of the new machine. I will never spend another penny at Sears again.

Absolutely pathetic.I am so glad to be rid of this awful company.

I agree. I have two Kenmore Elite kitchen appliances that failed in the first year.

The toaster oven Sears replaced because of the 5 year warranty. I did have to wait two weeks though... However, the new replacement sounds like a bearing is going to seize in the fan.

The convection/microwave oven was not covered because the 5 year warranty does not cover a burned out bulb. Sears sold me a bulb, that I had to install (as in dismantle the microwave, not just screw into a socket) myself for $30.

Sears lost a customer this time. Ever since getting in bed with Kmart, they've been nothing but ***. That's a shame. The last Kenmore I bought lasted 26 years.