2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Jun 19

Update To add to the saga, May 31st I had scheduled yet another appointment for these ding a lings to come and repair my garden tractor (still under warranty) but instead they showed up on May 29th, and I was out of town. The bobble-head in the overseas call center thought they were doing me a favor but moving up the appointment but didn't bother to contact me and ask.

So I get a call from their "automated call center" saying they were going to arrive on "tomorrow" to repair my tractor however I knew this wasn't right because that would have been Memorial Day. So I called them and they said it was a mistake and it should have said Tuesday, May 29th and I said no it should be Thursday, May 31st as I was going to be out of town on Tuesday and that's why I scheduled it for Thursday. They screwed up again, tech showed up on Tuesday and I wasn't home. Imagine that, wasted their time because they're too stupid to listen to their customers.

Good news is the next available appointment wasn't for another 2 weeks. IMAGINE THAT !!! So the service guy shows up 2 weeks later and he doesn't even know how to fix the damn mower, he's an appliance technician. Wasted my time, and my money and his time as he couldn't even work on it because he lacked the ability and the tools.

Well 2 days later they sent the right guy, he installed the parts that came in November 2017 onto the tractor but that didn't do much for the transmission. He did fix the gas leak, ordered parts for the oil leak, ordered a new transmission (2nd new transmission) and the 3 shit kits they install that they say are supposed to "correct" the issue with the transmission sticking (they already put those on too but hey, I don't have anything else better to do than miss 7 days of work ($1,750.00) so they can repair a garden tractor that cost me $1,699.00.

To be continued ... SEARS SUCKS !!!

Original review posted by user May 15

I purchased a new riding lawn mower / garden tractor in September 2016 and I’ve had nothing but problems with it. I have had Sears service department scheduled for repairs on at least ½ a dozen occasions but they’ve failed to show up on at least 1 or 2 of those requests for service.

My product is defective, it is poorly designed and it doesn’t work as it is intended. I have asked on several occasions for a replacement only to be told I have to have it “serviced” by technician, all of whom are incompetent in their jobs, don’t show up or don’t bring along the correct tools or parts in order to complete the work and I have to reschedule another appointment and hope to have someone show up in 2-4 weeks.

Last night, because of this defective pile of garbage I purchased from Sears, I almost died. I nearly had a 500 lbs. riding lawn mower / garden tractor flip over on top of me because the transmission pedal keeps getting stuck. This is a repair that SHOULD have been remedied by the 3 service calls that I have had on the product regarding this very problem. However, since my very first contact with Sears online customer service regarding my warranty in July of 2017 I still have a product that doesn’t work as it is intended and is a danger to the operator to use it.

The last time a service technician showed up he didn't even complete the repair, he told me "I don't wanna replace this now, call the service department in the spring when the weather is nicer". Meanwhile my two front tires are pointing in two different directions.

I will never buy another Craftsman product again.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Replace the product with a comparable model that has no defects..

I liked: Ease of website use.

I didn't like: Product i received or the warranty service, Overseas customer service representatives with thick accents, Service technicians that do not complete the repairs, Service tech did not show up.

Comments