2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a new riding lawn mower / garden tractor in September 2016 and I’ve had nothing but problems with it. I have had Sears service department scheduled for repairs on at least ½ a dozen occasions but they’ve failed to show up on at least 1 or 2 of those requests for service.

My product is defective, it is poorly designed and it doesn’t work as it is intended. I have asked on several occasions for a replacement only to be told I have to have it “serviced” by technician, all of whom are incompetent in their jobs, don’t show up or don’t bring along the correct tools or parts in order to complete the work and I have to reschedule another appointment and hope to have someone show up in 2-4 weeks.

Last night, because of this defective pile of garbage I purchased from Sears, I almost died. I nearly had a 500 lbs. riding lawn mower / garden tractor flip over on top of me because the transmission pedal keeps getting stuck. This is a repair that SHOULD have been remedied by the 3 service calls that I have had on the product regarding this very problem. However, since my very first contact with Sears online customer service regarding my warranty in July of 2017 I still have a product that doesn’t work as it is intended and is a danger to the operator to use it.

The last time a service technician showed up he didn't even complete the repair, he told me "I don't wanna replace this now, call the service department in the spring when the weather is nicer". Meanwhile my two front tires are pointing in two different directions.

I will never buy another Craftsman product again.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Replace the product with a comparable model that has no defects..

I liked: Ease of website use.

I didn't like: Product i received or the warranty service, Overseas customer service representatives with thick accents, Service technicians that do not complete the repairs, Service tech did not show up.

Comments