I wanted to buy a new washer / dryer set. At checkout they immediately charged me for the unit approx $1400, as I was finalizing the checkout procedure, this nasty little screen appeared and would not not let the sale be finalized until I picked a service plan that at a minimum was and additional $250 to $350.

I didn't want the service plan, the site gave me the opition to cancel the sale. I did so ans was told I would have to contact the Customer Service dept. When I did I was told they will cancel the sale but it will take 3-5 business days to get a refund. At this point I hadn't actually checked out, or so I thought.

While I was on hold I pulled up my account and sure enough the charge had already been made. I requested to charge be cancelled and the money returned to my account, I was told this is not possible at this time. Requested to peak with a manager and was transferred again. At this point I spoke with a really nasty little man who sits at a desk all day with a headset on.

This smug little sob said he isn't going to help with the request and it will be 3-5 days before the credit appears on my account. I was this little snot how come you can make a charge in 5 nanoseconds but it takes 3-5 days to reverse it. All this smug little B**** had to say was call your bank.

I will NEVER buy anything from Sears as long as I live. I will go 50 miles out of my way and pay twice as much at a mom and pop business before ever dealing with Sears again.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1500 and wants Sears to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears and sears manager for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments