I had a Tile/laminate flooring job that I was getting quotes from different companies for. I called in Sears for an estimate since 1. They do not list any pricing or any information about there products used during installation and 2. Because that was the only way to get any questions answered.

After speaking to a Sears rep. I had a set appointment. First, the man that came to my home was over a hour late and I had to call to find out where he was. He blamed traffic for his tardiness.When he finally got there he had entered my home unprepared, no samples or equipment and still no list of prices for anything. Instead he talked for hours about his life, his businesses and his passed professions. I had to remind him and push him to do his job. I told him just to give me some solid numbers and to show me the product.

After about an hour of chatting, he finally went back to his car to get his laptop and measuring stick and laptop to plug in numbers(still no pricing or samples)he chatted some more before measuring out my living-room. 30 minutes later, he gave me an estimate for just my living-room, based off of a 15x17(255 sq ft) room I was expected to pay over $3k, for laminate! I have over 1700 more sq ft to go! I asked once again about the laminate samples. He went to his car again and brought back a fold out board with about 8 samples. I was told the install would run between $13-$15k.

I couldn't believe it. He was very hesitant about giving me the number per sq ft. Stating that his computer isn't capable of giving him those numbers. And what made matters worse I asked him to finish off the estimate and forward it back for comparison. I haven't heard anything back. Its been about a month passed his visit. My floors are installed now and only cost me half of what I was quoted with Sears. This isn't the type of company that anyone should do business with. This was a waste of time on both ends.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Installation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 26, 2011.

Comments