With Company response Not resolved

I went out this Thanksgiving night to purchase a 4 piece kitchen appliance suite.I was interested in the Kenmore Elite appliances, and even more so with the Door Buster special that says 35% off Kenmore Elite appliances from 8pm-12am.

I arrived at the store around 8:30pm. I knew what I wanted and handed the sale man the list I printed off line. I told him I was here because of the 35% off sale.He had to find an ad and check with the manager to make sure I could get the 35% discount. He came back and proceeded with my transactionn..

However, when it came time to apply the 35% off discount, he and the manager said it did not apply. I was given several different reasons. One was that the item was a hot buy and they were excluded. Well, the item is not a hot buy, this was verified by the manager.

Next I was told it was because it had to be with your Sears card, which was shown to them and to be used for the payment. Next I was told that the 35% discount was already applied to the price shown. This cannot be!! He then said it qualified for the 10% off.

I told him that I would take my business elsewhere as the appliances have been at a sale price for over a week, at some point even cheaper and that the ad clearly says 35% off Kenmore Elite.

I went to another local Sears hardware location. I was given a similar run around at this location, except the employees here were rude. The salesman could not confirm the sale price as he said he didnt know all he could do was ring them up and see what happens.

I spoke with the store manager who laughed at the idea another 35% off would be applied to the items I wished to purchase. I told her wasnt that the point about it being a Doorbuster- that it was a really good deal?! Even gave her the example of the 32inch TV advertised for $99. I told her that the ad said 35% off Kenmore Elite, and she read it.

She told me that it was up to 35% and that the items were already on sale. I told her the ad does not say up to 35% it says 35%. She looked at it again and told me that it only applied to the washer and dryer that are pictured below. I told her those items were not even Kenmore Elite and read the ad to her again "35% off Kenmore Elite appliances".

She told me that she couldn't do anything about it and she didn't know why the ad wasnt printed right. When asked for a corporate number she told me there wasnt one. She eventually sent me away with a useless customer service number. I have purchased from Sears in the past and hoped to do so again.

Unless they go back and honor the price I was expecting to pay, they have lost a customer for life due to their shenanigans and false advertising. Everyone else beware!!!

Their sales do not really exist.The ad is falsely advertising!!

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

sarah13

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. Doorbusters, BOGO sales, are limited in quantity and due to great response; some items are no longer available. I am very sorry to hear that we have let you down with your recent customer service experience. I truly understand how frustrating it can be to receive poor customer service while trying to attempting to purchase items during Thanksgiving night. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number at the time of purchase (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (sarah13) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support

Yep, Sears doorbusters are scam.An Android tablet was advertised for $40 starting at 8pm.

I was at the store at 9 and they were not out of stock, they had them locked in a wire cage, but they just kept them from shoppers.Next black Friday Sears will be at the bottom of my list.