With Company response Not resolved

SEARS MAY BE THE WORST APPLIANCE SOURCE?

-2 appliance purchases within last 15 months (dishwasher, refrigerator)

-Multiple failures on each

-3x same problem with Dishwasher, still not repaired

-long wait time for service tech (1-2 weeks each repair), total wait time 5 weeks in past 3 months

-without use of Dishwasher for 5 weeks in past 3 months

-Repairs failed first time on both Refrig (Samsung) and dishwasher (Kenmore)

-Repairs failed second time on dishwasher, third time tech came and did not have replacement part (fuse), even though the it was the same part as past two repairs!

-Phone reps are a brick wall, and have no capacity to deviate from script when providing customer service. If it ain't in the warranty contract, sorry Charlie!

-No response from email to corporate headquarters (this was the ONLY way to escalate beyond standard customer service rep)

-Sears processes, procedures, and personnel associated with Customer Service may very well be the worst you will ever experience.

-Sears refrigerator and dishwasher are borderline Lemons, and Sears doesn't seem to care.

NET: APPLIANCES DON'T WORK AND SERVICE IS SLOW AND INEFFECTIVE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PRODUCT QUALITY/RELIABILITY AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Comments

Rockville, Maryland, United States #698748

I have been on hold for one hour with SEARS Service waiting for a supervisor to speak with me as to why i am required to pay a Service Call fee of $79 to replace an electronic control panel that is under warranty and has to be replaced again!!!

Customer Service...... Two very simple words that "SEARS" does not understand.

After seeing all the negative posts on the web, it is amazing they have lasted this long....

This experience is worse than the last time which was terrible at best.

erobbins
Lyndonville, Vermont, United States #566407

Don't buy refrigerators, dryers or washing machines. I have all three and all three have had big expensive repairs that incurred just after warrantees expired.

Parts purchased for repairs came in faulty and they won't take them back. I need a new washing machine after 1 12/ years and the dryer is working with jury rigged switches. Nobody human will talk to you on the phone about the problems.

They put you on hold for up to 20 minutes and then a worker who barely speaks English says we will get back to you and hangs up. I will never buy anything from them again

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear wittville,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dishwasher and refrigerator. We understand the importance of both the dishwasher and refrigerator in the family household and would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service orders and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made and to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that dishwasher and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (wittville) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.