With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a refrigerator from Sears on 5/22/11. The item was delivered on 5/27 and arrived damaged. The delivery person,Jonathon, was very helpful and called Sears from my home to help me schedule a replacement delivery, which was scheduled for June 1st. I needed to take another day off of work to accept the delivery.

When I did not receive a confirmation call the night before the delivery, I called Sears. I spoke to 6 different people and was constantly told I needed to speak to someone else. I was finally able to get a person to re-schedule the delivery and was told the person I originally spoke to did not enter the information correctly. Now, I will not receive the new item until June 13th (if it actually does come), and I am forced to take yet another day off of work.

When I called the store I purchased the item at for assistance, I was told they could not help me with delivery problems and I was given another phone number to call, which in turn gave me yet another number to call.

I have emailed Sears customer service 2 times, each time I get a response that someone will be contacting me within 2 business days. No one has ever contacted me. It seems as though Sears already has my money and is in no way concerned about customer service or me actually getting the item I paid for.

Comments

Sears CARES stands for Customers Are Readily Expendable Suckers... they only care about your money - will sell you faulty products and charge you an arm and a leg to repair them.

My $800 washer broke after a year and a half, I hear from other people with the same problem it will cost 300-500 to fix. I was told by customer service rep that I am lucky because for 300 I can get a one year warranty... um, that's almost half the cost of the machine, which should last ten years! Also, they were supposed to come today to look at the machine.

I woke up at 3 a.m. and drove home from NY, cutting my visit with my parents a day early. I am five and a half months pregnant, not exactly ideal. Did they show?

Nope. Supposed to be coming tomorrow.

I'll believe that when I see it. Probably going to buy a new washer from another company before I give Sears any more of my money for their faulty products.

Just wanted to add an update. I contacted a social media moderator who commented here, and that department was very helpful- they ended up refunding me a 100 dollars (credited my sears card). Unfortunately, it took way too much time to get good customer service,or even a response, but all the people I spoke to through the social media department were nice and helpful.

My name is Susan and I'm reaching out to you on behalf of the Sears Cares escalations team. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble & inconvenience you've endured with your new refrigerator purchase and delivery. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Hknicker) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

I have had similar experiences with Sears. Years ago, they used to be great. Now the customer service is awful. Had problems from day 1 with a riding lawn mower that never was resolved. After repeated attempts to correct the situation, I finally resolved not to deal with a company that treats their customers so poorly. I am specificially talking about the Sears located in Spotsylvannia Mall in VA. When I escalated my concerns to customer service, she went out of her way to help me.

After the representative spoke with the folks at Spotsylvannia Mall - Sears...she told me mam, I do not blame you for not wanting to do business with us anymore. She told me they were exceedingly rude to her as wel...go figure...long story short. Nothing came of it. And less than a year after buying a Craftman riding mower, I gave it away. Just left it at the curb with a "FREE" sign attached.

I will never do business with Sears again.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Hknicker,

I apologize for the trouble you've had with the delivery of your refrigerator. I hope that this issue has been fixed by now but if it has not, or if you have any other issues you would like our assistance with, we are here to help. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we appreciate you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Hknicker) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

After speaking with the folks at Spotsylvannia Mall - Sears...she told me mam, I do not blame you for not wanting to do business with us anymore. She told me they were exceedingly rude to her as wel...go figure...long story short. Nothing came of it. And less than a year after buying a Craftman riding mower, I gave it away. Just left it at the curb with a "FREE" sign attached.

I will never do business with Sears again.

you all are full of it . Sears is awesome.

I never had any problems with Sears.I order stuff from htem all the time and I always get the right items with no damage . If you ask me , I think that its ignorant people like you all that dont read or assume too much which you all makes *** out of yourselves and if you don't understand then Boo Hoo ,you all start complaining .

"sears contracts out the delivery to worthless workers that dont give a *** about the item, instead they just make money on how many they deliver. your better off picking it up yourself and installing it yourself."

DON'T pick it up at Sears. They aren't going to be in business long enough to honor the warranty.

been there before myself, they delivered 3 fridges and all of them were damaged bringing it in the house. one hit the door knob and dented it, the other got dented in the truck and the third got scratched bring it thru the door.

we gave up and i touched up the scratched one with a sharpie (black).