We purchased Electrolux front loading washer/dryer on 6/6/09 at Sears Del Amo Center in Torrance, CA. We requested to install a RIGHT hinged door on the washer & a LEFT hinged door on the dryer. The delivery was scheduled on 6/30/09.

On 6/30 they were delivered on time, but both came with a LEFT hinged door. I told the delivery man that the wrong door was installed on the washer. He said I need to call 800# to request an exchange, and they left those washer & dryer in my house. I called and scheduled a delivery on 7/8/09.

On 7/8, NO SHOW/NO CALL. When I called they said the washer was not arrived at their facility. Re-scheduled a delivery: 7/10/09.

On 7/10, they cancelled deliver in the morning because they received the defective washer. Re-scheduled a delivery : 7/21/09.

On7/21, they delivered another washer w/LEFT hinged door. They left without exchanged a washer. I called to re-schedule again. Next delivery of 7/24/09 was scheduled.

On 7/24, NO SHOW/NO CALL again. No further schedules as of today.

Many phone calls were made to Sears Home Delivery, Customer Relations and other 800#s between all those delivery schedules. I heard "I apologize…" , "I'm sorry to hear…." over a hundred times on the phone, but we have not received what we want, yet . We spent $4400 for Electrolux washer/dryer with accessories and Sears treated me like a piece of ***. I'm sick and tired to deal with this company. This is the worst retailer I have ever experienced.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Facility.

Comments

So sorry for your situation. We too are unhappy.

Purchased an expensive, for us, microwave that caught on fire while cooking a potato. Repairman said sensor error.. Sears denied this and said customer abuse due to the fact aluminum could have grown in the potato, (minerals I guess?) and we were supposed to stand in front of the microwave while in use. I thought that was dangerous!

They would only replace it for about a $100. discount after delivery and installation. Why would we want to pay for another one that could catch on fire with hidden minerals?

Sooo not happy. Have had cheap units that just cooked item beyond recognition but unit still worked!

SEARS HAS BECOME A CROOKED COMPANY.

DO NOT USE SEARS FOR WARRANTY OR REPAIRS! I've never dealt with so many incompetent people in my life!

I just got off the phone after being transferred to 6 different Operators of which none could "solve" the issue. I bought a 5 year contract (don't EVER BUY A MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT - IT'S A RIP-OFF) for my very expensive washer & dryer. Last year I had an appt. in Sept., the Tech's truck broke down.

They rescheduled for October and the Tech never showed up & never called. The 3rd time SEARS made an appt. for me......but never called me to tell me when it was, so obviously I was not at home! The 4th time they couldn't book an appt.

until December '08. My contract expires 8/20/09 and they're telling me they can't "book" my 2009 appt. until December because that's when they came last year. Oh, and the appt.

will cost me $85.00!!!! They said you can only have 1 appt. a year and I said yes I know and that is why I'm calling for this year's appt. before my contract ends.

It wasn't my fault SEARS screwed up 3 appts. which then pushed my appt. into December.

I'm totally fed up with their lack of service and will never shop there for anything because if it doesn't work you will not have any satisfaction trying to get service for your issue. If any company in this economy deserves to fail it is SEARS who does not stand behind their product OR service!

Tishomingo, Mississippi, United States #64730

Dear Googoowestie,

I apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you on this washer/dryer purchase. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Team. We would like to assist you in resolving this issue. If you can contact us at searscares@searshc.com so we can resolve this issue in a timely manner. Please include your screen name (Googoowestie) in your email so we can reference to your case.

David V.

Senior Case Manager

Tishomingo, Mississippi, United States #64729

Dear Googoowestie,

David V.

Senior Case Manager

Naha-Shi, Okinawa, Japan #63298

Go wash your clothes in the local creek or lake. Much cheaper.