Layout of Store

It is perhaps a fitting epilogue to the forty minutes that I spent today staring at a Sears "5 minute pickup/dopoff guarantee" poster that the e-mail address advertised on the poster as accepting feedback on customers' experience with the 5-minute promise is not in service.

I just wanted to drop off my Craftsman mower and get it fixed. Sounds simple, even for the most novice of seasonal hires on the Saturday after Black Friday, but no. Sears took my time, my money, and by rejecting even my mild e-mail of complaint, my dignity as well.

The original feedback and reject message follow.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient ----

Subject: Service at Store #2435

Dear Sir or Ma'am -

I've been standing in the pickup and drop off kiosk for more than 25 minutes now waiting for the staff to accept a push mower for repair. I know it's not your fault, but you should know, in the interest of improving customer service, should that be something that interests you. Five other customers who came in after me have been served, four more are still waiting and have been waiting at least half as long as me. All the while I've been looking at a '5 minute' promise sign on the wall and a department scoreboard that says 98%. That may account somewhat for my displeasure, but I'm pretty sure I would feel just as unserved even if the sign weren't there all big and blue and promising. What's really eating at me right now is the realization that all of this waiting could probably have been avoided if I could just have talked to a real person here in this store before packing up my mower and making the half-hour drive here.

It certainly wasn't for lack of trying. I looked up the store on line and called the number listed for this location. The first time I wrestled my way through the automated attendance *** the machine ultimately offered me--after quite some delay--the address of my nearest Sears; something I'd already figured out pretty well on my own. Undaunted, I called back and strong armed the machine into connecting me with a real person. I explained that I had a mower that I needed to drop off for repair. I was offered the opportunity to make an appointment for in-home service. I explained that I had tried that already, a couple months ago. I set up the appointment on-line, being very particular about the make and model for which I was requesting service. I then waited patiently for the month to go by until the earliest available appointment. The mechanic who contacted me on the day of my appointment was the first to inform me that he didn't service push mowers and that I would have to bring it in to my local Sears Parts, Service, and Repair Center.

To the representative on the phone today I only explained the part about it being a push mower and she eventually got the idea. After some more waiting she offered me the location of the nearest Sears. It was only then that I realized she was not at my local store and could not help me with what I needed. I explained that I just wanted to talk with someone at the actual store to make sure they were open and could accept my mower today. She offered to connect me. After waiting more than ten minutes on hold, I decided to pack up my mower anyway and take my chances. I now regret that decision almost as much as the one to ask Sears to help me with one of their products in the first place. At this point I'm actually pretty glad that nobody has even vaguely suggested offering me the $5 coupon that the sign promises for waits over five minutes because at this point it would simply be one more insult.

If you've read this far, thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Your Customer

DivestFromSearsHC wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $250 and wants Sears to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was everyone else i met thereafter. Author liked the most fellow who directed me to the service department. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears and sears repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.