With Company response Not resolved

-- This is an email I sent off to another department at Sears. Hopefully they will have a competent employee who understands customer service. I sent it yesterday and still no response. I will never give that place another dime. I am sick of fighting them for my $250.

It all started on Sunday afternoon. I placed a Craftsman 2700 PSI Pressure Washer in my cart at Sears.com. I used my Sears rewards points and a coupon code and got the price down to $249.17.

I ran up to my local grocery store and bought $250 worth of gift cards so that I would not have to use my credit card online for security purposes. I left the screen pulled up (I live 1 minute from the grocery store) and when I returned, the site had me log in again and it changed the price. Apparently at 5:00 a 5-15% off sale went into effect and it must have kicked out my coupon code. Instead of lowering the price (like one would expect from a sale), it raised my price. I called the 1-800 number to see if anyone could figure it out and help me place my order over the phone. I did not get the customer service rep's name. She was very nice and placed the order for me to pick up in my local store. I was told that I would receive a confirmation email shortly. I did not receive an email by the next day and called my local store to see if they had the order. They did not have any order for me. So, I called the 1-800 number and spoke with "Linda". She said my order had been cancelled because the store did not have it in stock. The reason I did not receive an order confirmation email or cancellation email is because they had misspelled my email address (even though I did spell it twice for the original rep). Linda said she would send the cancellation to my email-it never arrived. I once again called my local store to see if it was in stock or not because the night before online, it showed they had one. After a few calls to my local store, I spoke with a lady named Jo every time, she finally determined they did not have the one I needed in stock but they had the California version of it, which was the same price. She did not know why she had the CA only version in an Indiana store. I then called the 1-800 number again to see if my order could just be switched to the CA only one and spoke with a lady named Luna, once again having to repeat the whole story. She said nothing could be done and that I would have to wait a week or so for the gift cards to have their balance restored. She said my only option was to go to my local store, pay the full price for a new one and wait for the gift cards to have their balance restored and then I could use them for something else. I needed the pressure washer this week because of a company party being held at my house this Saturday but do not feel I should have to shell out another $300 in order to have one. I finally asked to speak to a manager. Instead of transferring me to a manager, she sent me back to the main menu where I was forced to wait and explain the whole story again to "Stacy". Stacy finally gave me to her manager Stephanie who said the only thing she could do was send me a $30 gift card for my inconvenience and knock off 10% but I would still have to wait for at least 3 days to have the gift card balance restored before I could purchase the other one available locally. I asked her why the balance couldn't be restored immediately because they were able to drain the balance in less than a minute. She said I should talk to someone on the "executive team" at corporate. So once again, I had to call a different person and explain the whole story. I spoke with John Kelly who said all the right things that a customer would want to hear. He sympathized, apologized and yada yada. He ended it by saying he understood that I needed this as soon as possible and that he would call my local store to get something resolved. By 4:45 the next day, I still had not heard from him. I called my local store to see if he had contacted them and perhaps just forgot to call me back. They said no one had called them that day about it. They are a small store and the same lady answers the phone every time so she would know. She also said the store manager was out that day and that is who John claimed he was going to talk to. I received a call from John about 25 min later and he said that he had talked to the local store manager and that they did not have one in stock. Which he already knew because I told him that the day before and said I would be willing to take the CA version. So he obviously did not call and talk to anyone there. He then proceeded to tell me that nothing could be done about the gift cards, I would just have to wait several days for them to be restored. He also said they wouldn't have the pressure washer in for 10-12 days (that info was available on the Sears.com website). Why couldn't Sears just ship one to me? Or have me go to the next closest store which shows 3 in stock and is only 40 min away? I would have even driven there just to get my pressure washer asap. So not only did John not help, he actually quoted me a longer time and offered less of a discount/compensation than the manager at the 1-800 number. I am not asking for a free pressure washer or anything insane, I am just asking that I get my gift card restored today and get a pressure washer today, I don't care if it is the CA version from my local store or driving 40 min to pick up the 49 state version. I just need one. I do not think that is an unreasonable request.

What has happened to the wonderful company that Sears used to be? My husband and I bought all of our appliances there 20 years ago and they still work fine with the exception of the dryer. It is messing up and we will need to replace it within the next month. We have always been happy with Sears and been loyal customers. My grandparents always shopped there, my parents still shop there and all 6 of my siblings shop there. Sears used to stand for quality and service. I am disappointed. They have just lost my entire family as customers.

I would not recommend shopping at Sears/Kmart/Land's End to anyone. If I could give them negative stars, I would.

Review about: Sears Coupon.

Comments

Searscustomernomore, I'm not from Livingston, NJ. Maybe they just assign random cities?

Scott from sears, why don't you man up and leave a phone number?

I hate sears.

searscustomernomore

I am not from Rochester, NY. Why does it say that?

searscustomernomore

Sears is pathetic.They will keep your money forever.

They are thiefs.I cannot wait until they are forced to close and all of those douche canoes lose their job.

It's a Farce, I think you are right!They want people to think they care but it is a load of ***.

As an update to my story, I found out today that they went ahead and charged my credit card. Because it was on sale, they said the only way they could give me the lower price was to charge my credit card the regular and then refund it right back, which I thought was odd. Sure enough, they managed to charge my credit card. Of course they still haven't given me any money back for my rewards points or any money on my gift cards.

That company is shameful. I am going to report them on every single site I can find.

So far I have found 5 complaint boards.I have also told all of my co-workers, friends and family.

READ ALL THE COMPLAINTS ON THIS WEB SITE AND HOW MANY WERE ADDRESSED BY SEARS, YOU MIGHT FIND ONE WERE THE CUSTOMER POSTED TOOK CARE OF THEM.yOU WILL FIND PLENTY LIKE YOURS WERE THE CUSTOMER CONTACTED THE SEARS REP WITH NO REPLY,SEARS POST THERE EMAILS TOWARDS THE CUSTOMERS SO PEOPLE THINK SEARS IS TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER.

The reply I just made is no longer on here so I will submit it again:

Re: contacting sears support

I sent a message to that exact email address 2 days ago and I have never heard anything back.I saw that email address on another consumer complaint website and thought that department might be able to assist me.

Since they did not respond to my first email, I'm sure it would be a waste of time to send another.

I sent all of my contact info in my email 2 das ago.Another example of bad service by sears.

Scott, I did send a message to that email address 2 days ago because I saw it listed on another comsumer website and thought perhaps that department might be able to assist me. I still haven't heard anything back so it would probably be pointless to send another.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi Tickedoffsearscustomer,

I'm Scott and I'm a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. Our team located your post here and we wanted to reach out to connect with you regarding your online order experience. We're terribly sorry for the frustration and trouble you've encountered with your online order. After making such a major purchase, we understand this is certainly concerning. We'd like to look into this and follow up with you. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the pressure washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Tickedoffsearscustomer) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.