Ease of Use
Layout of Store

On 12/16/17 I went to Sears @ Newport Ctr, Jersey City. I bought gifts for my entire family.

My truck was oversized so I couldnt park in the garage, I decided to park in their lot, far from the doorway, there were many spots available as there was snow on the ground and alot of folks didnt drive that day. There were no other areas for me to park, no street to park on or meter parking. I was in the store for 1 hr 15 min. Came out and my truck was gone.

When i asked if there was a possibility of them towing they gave me a phone number to the tow yard. As i was on the phone the tow truck was back picking up another truck by jimmying the door. Asked him for a ride back and explained why i parked there. He told me that next time i can give the sears employee 45 dollars and my keys so that they dont tow it.

Its regular procedure.. anyway, as i went to get my truck back my 70 year old mother had to wait in the pkg lot, with our bags, in 32 degree weather. She noticed the SEARS EMPLOYEES watching the customers come in, then they would go outside and call in the plate numbers who were next to get towed. It cost me.

267.00 with a 60.00 storage charge where im sure my truck was there for less then an hour. Sears, my family and friends agreed to cancel our cards. We have been customers for at least 32 years.. YOU ARE UNFAIR AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO DO THIST DURING THE HOLIDAYS.

Taking advantage of customers that give you all their business to steal 300.00 after a large chrietmas shopping trip is just disgusting. No more tires, appliances, auto service or clothing will be bought from you out of our households..

i couldnt even contact the store manager or corporate offices after SEVERAL ATTEMPTS. Absolutely shameful!

Comments