1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Purchased a sears 26 HP tractor with dozer blade and extended warranty in 2013. The dozer blade specifically says it is for both snow and dirt.

I used it for dirt without incident. A month ago I used it for snow. The blade became hard to operate. I then used it for a second snow storm in which 6" covered the ground.

I pushed the snow into a pile and did this for several hours clearing my driveway. All of the sudden I noticed the blade would no longer operate in the up down or left right motion. I stopped and moved the tractor into my garage. One of the bolts that holds the plow broke and caused the plow to twist the brackets.

I contacted Sears and after nearly two weeks sent a repair person on site. He didn't get all of the way up my driveway before he told me that I bent the frame. He looked at it for 2 minutes, took some pictures and called his boss. He then contacted his boss and said that Sears will not cover the repair because I was ramming rocks or my house with it.

I asked him how he backed up this accusation and then said it had dirt on the blade. Wow, a dozer blade with dirt on it meant I was ramming into something? I told him that the only thing I did was push the snow into a pile and the dirt on the blade was picked up when it scraped the edge of the dirt near the driveway. Regardless, told me that Sears would not cover any of it.

The total cost for everything was 4,300.00. I was hesitant about buying a Sears tractor but the salesman made me feel ok because the extended warranty would cover pretty much anything except intentional misuse. Apparently, pushing snow with a snow blade is now considered misuse. I have a house full of Kenmore Elite as well as probably another 15K of purchases made there.

This is disappointing that this is how they treat their customers. I am definitely done with Sears and their BS warranty they don't honor.

Review about: Sears Tractor Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments