Wapakoneta, Ohio

i would not ever buy from sears homepro again.I recently got a quote to have central air installed at my home.

Step One Jim sales rep.jim was not a bad guy answerd lots a questions.gave me a quote said if i did some of the work myself i could save on some money.so i got aproved and accepted for an amount me and jim think is fair.tells me sears we be in contact to set up a date for install.

Step 2 >Installer from ***.Myself not wanting to waste a day off i have my mom stay at house.Installer insults my 100 year old house .Was very rude to my mother .He also said there was no way to run ducts upstairs through a closet eventhough i got acess to all he didnt take the time to find.Spent 3 minutes in cellar basement and left.

Step 3 MEL

I wait a week hear nothing.I call them after being put on hold for ever .I get ahold of district manager he says more work is needed and my original bid has doubled....He also was very rude...basically telling me i was s.o.l....

not sure what to do i have holes cut in floor and ceiling for the ducts,and i spent the money and ran the electric as jim the sales rep suggested,put the box on side of house.I got aproved and signed the papers on a loan through sears and now the say its gonna be double .and they have my downpayment.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Well there lies the issue however. Your home is old as you say.

Installing a central air system would be expensive. However I do not blame you and blame Sears for not doing what I think they should have done from the begining, which is doing a complete inspection of your home before quoting a price on installing such a system.

Most contractors will do a free quality visit and explain what issues may occur and costs, leaving you with a estimated cost and mind set to decide if doing such a job is worth it. Sorry to hear you've been inconvenienced by this.

Well there lies the issue however. Your home is old as you say.