Have a 42" Plasma TV purchased from Sears with a Master Protection Agreement. After picture went out, I contacted Sears and a service tech responded (great tech and a gentlemen.

He suspected the picture tube was "gone" but had to try ordering some other part first. Was told by Sears the part would arrive in 5 business days rather than overnight delivery. I called Sears several times the first week to verify that the part was in transit. After 8 days I contacted Sears speaking with perhaps 6 people.

Am told that "in transit" means the same thing as "backordered" and there is no guarantee that the part will be in within 21 days (I was repeatedly told that the part was on it's way to my home!)Was also told that the part may no longer be available. I have to wait up to 21 days to get an answer and, if the part isn't available or the part isn't even the problem, there will be more delays. Was told I can rent a TV and pay for it and I can get reimbursed after all is done. I have given up with Sears.

Have had a Sears Credit Card for perhaps 35 years and have always made major purchases at Sears, but this is the last time.

The Tech however; was professional and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

To Mr. Shawn S.,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I'm truly concerned by what I have read here. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. We certainly don’t want our customers frustrated. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Shawn S) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

I agree with your experience. The service agreement costs hundreds of dollars and not once is anything done right.

They always have some type of excuse. I have had service people show up to an appointment late, not show up at all, and at times have me waiting all day for a technician to show up and then no one ever shows up. Total waste of time. I have a camcorder, vacumme cleaner, washer, dryer, refrigorator, frezeer and a/c unit all covered by these agreements but to bad I have never recived service on half of them because of the delays I encounter.

I thought I had a plan on my a/c unit but turns out I never "paid" for it and it was not included, even though the salesmen told me it was. And when i asked them to pull out the recording or ask the person who sold it to me the records automatically disappeared and it was pointless since they were gonna cover up themselves. I am very angry with everyone at Sears because they are STEALING customers money while customers aren't getting any service on their items. Then they try to give you off to other departments who dont help and send you in an endless circle.

Then we just give up. Someone should do a class action and take legal action against Sears because im pretty sure there are thousands of us out there that are being ROBBED.

#205045

Dear Piritch,

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble & inconvenience you've endured during your television repair. I know you must be very disappointed with Sears after this experience. Our Master Protection Agreements are designed to help make the repair process easier and less expensive to get through. Unfortunately, Sears does not keep electronics/TV parts in stock in our part warehouses. All parts are shipped either from part vendors or, in most cases, directly from the manufacturer. That being said, this is not a quick part turn around for Sears as we too are at the mercy of whichever vendor has the part. This isn't an excuse, merely an explanation. Nevertheless, we'd like to help. I'm Scott with the Sears Social Media Support Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the TV was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Piritch) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Social Media Support Team

piritch
#204845

Sears Master Agreement

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #204813

Sears knows if the part is available. It takes less than 24 hrs to find out.Its the old stale tactic trick there doing. They probuly have spent there bugit for Oct, and are staling for Novembers bugit to replace your set.