With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Sole F80 from Sears over a week ago with delivery and set-up. Treadmill delivery was delayed because of weather.

Delivery was rescheduled for Friday. When the treadmill arrived, it was damaged in the box. Delivery team recommended returning to sears and having a replacement sent. I called immediately and rescheduled delivery.

When I rescheduled I told the customer service rep that this was a clearance item and I was concerned about how many more would be available (it was the last one in the box in the store). She ("Donna") said that she would have one shipped from the warehouse. I asked if she was sure and she said "don't worry". Friday night we received a call from a customer service rep confirming that the treadmill I ordered would be delivered on Monday.

Sunday night we received the automated message scheduling the time of our delivery (3-5pm) and planned our day to be available at that time. At a little after 7 am Monday morning we got an automated message stating that our delivery had been delayed. When I called the customer service number I was told I needed to call the store and confirm they had the correct item for delivery. I called the store when it opened and was told they had no more treadmills of the type I ordered and none were available in nearby warehouses.

My choices were to accept the damaged product (assuming it could be found in the warehouse as it was not currently at the store) and order replacement parts from the manufacturer, which could take weeks, or select a new treadmill. Neither is an acceptable choice to me. I should not have to accept a damaged product. I chose this treadmill because it met my specific needs.

These treadmills are still being manufactured by sole. Sears should arrange for a new treadmill to be delivered from the manufacturer if they do not have them in stock themselves.

I have spoken with no fewer than 5 sears representatives, scheduled delivery 3 times (arranging our schedule each time to be available for delivery), made multiple phone calls and spent a large amount of my time dealing with this, and am still without a treadmill or any foreseeable option to get the undamaged, working treadmill that was sold to me.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #782915

I agree with Bianca. They will do what they can to keep your money.

I don't know how they get away we it legally but I think they are hoping that the customer has no money for any legal representation.

Someone is pocketing that money somehow. I have read about hundreds of people that have lost monies spent on different things and never saw a dime of their money. No product and no money returned,

And if you're trying to get a credit on your card FORGET ABOUT IT.

I think that the employees are so poorly trained that they have no idea what to do to help the customer and most don't care. They are so busy on their cell phones and having fun that they don't do their job.

I have also read about the winter park, fla. store call center where all SORTS of tawdry things are going on. Intimidation of other employees and supervisors that are the lowest of the low using the good employees and making it just *** for anyone that has any intelligence. I do,hope you can get your treadmill but I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest.

I would just get my money back (if that is at all possible) and go somewhere else. Good luck....

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous473050,

My name is Tony and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. Thank you for posting your treadmill delivery concerns.

The aggravation that you must feel with the initial delay in getting the treadmill delivered only to have it delivered damaged is absolutely understandable and we would be happy to step in and assist in resolving this matter to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can get this resolved for you. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the (Treadmill) was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous473050) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Palatine, Illinois, United States #779220

good luck trying to get your money back, they are thief's :(