5.5K views

I write this letter in extreme frustration with Sears and the inability to deliver on the promises that have been made.

1/1/08, the washing machine stopped working. I contacted Sears to have a technician come out to repair the machine. The appt is 1/24 3 weeks later. The technician was to arrive between 1 and 5 PM, he arrived at 7. He could not repair the machine or determine what was wrong as it was a stacking unit & that required 2 technicians and that since the serial numbers located in the washer door has rubbed clean he was not able to determine what type of machine we had, then charged a service call fee of $65.00.

I contacted Sears and they were very sorry and would refund the service charge, & made a new appt for the 29th. The technician did not show, & made a new appt. He ordered a part. When it arrived the technician came out and installed the part. The machine still did not work. So they ordered several other parts & again a no show for the appt. They set up another appt. The mgr at Sears stated she would make arrangements for us to be reimbursed for the laundry charges.

I contacted Sears 2/15 & was told that the most I could get reimbursed for the laundry for 2 months was $60.00, & expect in 5 – 7 days. I have not received it. The technician came out & again installed new parts. The machine still did not work.

One Monday 2/25 I contacted Sears again. I spoke with Monica & she stated that she was authorizing a replacement of the machine & another $100 in laundry reimbursement & that someone would also be contacting to reimburse me the service charge.

T2/28 I contacted Sears again. I spoke to Mike who stated that Monica should not have authorized the replacement as we had not had 4 service calls. I explained that the service call this Saturday will be the 7th service call. He stated that since Sears had not showed up on 2 of the service calls & that the other 2 calls did not include replacement of parts, I would have to endure at least 2 more service calls in which they installed more parts in the machine prior to having the machine replaced. I explained, that Sears has already spent more in parts that the machine cost when I purchased it. So after 1 ½ hours, 2 disconnections & explaining myself 5 times, Sears has decided that I am to receive nothing in the way of customer service.

Sheryl

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

I have had a Sears repair-person over my house 5x in 12 months. Now they are giving me the run-around on honoring the warranty. Been on hold with a representative for over 45 minutes and I am going out of my mind.

Will short Sears stock first thing Monday morning

Sears just decided to not honor a warrantee repair on a high end dishwasher. It stopped working during the warrantee, the repair request was called in during the warrantee period and a repair was scheduled.

I had to cancel the service call due to a conflict.

Now Sears tells me that I am out of warrantee and they will not service the machine under warrantee. This is the second machine that I bought from them in the last year that has failed...never going to buy from Sears again and will do my best to tell future potential customers just how bad their products and service really are

We too have had the worse experience with Sears customer service. We purchased a high-end Kenmore Elite french door refrigerator/freezer from Sears in Nov.

2011. In April 2012 the entire thing quit. After numerous "missed" technician visits due to their lack of notifying us of their arrival time we finally got a technician to look at it and inform us that it couldn't be fixed and therefore we "qualified" for a replacement of "similar" kind.

It's been over 2 weeks without a refrigerator and now we are again at their mercy waiting for them to call and set a replacement appointment after they go through their "process"! This is so frustrating and we will NEVER buy another Sears product again!

I would never purchase anything from sears ever again. they're customer service is the worst in the nation and they;re so called blue rippon team at corporate is worst than lower level management.

I ordered a brand new kenmore cooktop and it arrived through usp left on my front porch damaged in the box. I contacted the store and was told that sears would repair or replace it because it was still under warranty. i called the 800 number and was transferred to 5 different departments and then told that because i purchased from thier online store it could not be repaired or replaced and that i needed to file a damage claim with ups who they shipped it through. ( go figure) i was told by a rep name brice that he would send me a 75.00 gift card for my trouble.

well i called the next day still upset and was told that no one knew who brice was. i finally contacted the corporate blue ribbon team who stated that because i recieved a discount on the unit he would not be willing to replace it but offered a 100.00 gift card after the service call was complete. the service guy came out and saw the unit and refused to fix it because he stated that sears should just replace it. he called my gopher and they agreed to replace the unit and stated that i would reciev e an email regarding replacement.

i never recieved an email and so i called the blue ribbon team and talk to a case manager who told me that the item should be replaced but since he was not the one handling my case i needed to talk to ikhlas mirza and he would have to make that decision. well he is a complete *** and he did everything except called me a liar. he told me sears will not replace a unit that i got a discount on that if i wanted my broken unit replace regardless of the fact that it is still under warranty i need to pay the difference of the current price.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never buy anything from sears horrible customer service, horrible warranty, and horrible corporate personnell.

Sears has been giving us the runaround for almost a week to fix our 23 month old A/C unit. They said the parts will be on backorder until Aug.

25! We have called around to several places in the area and the parts are available locally!!!! We have contacted Sears main office in Chicago with no resolution. We are finished with them (except small claims court).

By the way, it is supposed to be 100 degrees again tomorrow and we can't use our Kenmore central A/C because of Sears' incompetency. We will never purchase as much as a screwdriver from Sears again.

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite Fridge- the biggest piece of junk going. It's 4 years old- for the 1st 2 1/2 years I had service at least 5-6 times for it freezing everything placed towards the back.

As incredible as this sounds- I was told not to put anything in the back of my fridge. Finally one repair guy came out and replaced something and it semi worked for 1- 1 1/2 years. Now, its not working. The fridge is warm, the freezer is like the fridge and it's not making ice.

I've been waiting 12 days for a service call on the extended warranty tha I paid mega bucks for. Supposed to come here between 1-25 meanwhile I had to throw out HUNDREDS of DOLLARS of items from the freezer and fridge- NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

to Nora-Eve San Diego, California, United States #997132

Currently having the same problem. Unit has been down for 2 weeks, parts are back ordered coming from Korea??

I was told by their advocacy group that though the warranty reads replacement of the entire unit if they can't fix it, or get parts, the law (as I was quoted by Sears representative) only requires them to fix it within 28 days. We have been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks now with no end in sight.

How much sense does it make for Sears "service" to not carry parts. No wonder Sears is going out of business.

Update: The Sears Man in Blue showed up on time, was very pleasant, tested the dryer, found the sound (a dime)and continued to test the dryer and tested the heating temp, since I thought it was heating way too hot. He could not find a problem.

I was not charged. He did not make me feel *** and said it was better to be safe than sorry.

I live alone and need to be able to trust what I am told and who I am purchasing from. So, I am still happy with Sears and will continue to purchase from them.

I have always had great service and bought excellent products from SEars. But, I just bought a stacked washer/dryer in January and the dryer is not working.

I set up a call for today between 1-5. It is only 3:45 so, no problem. Last night I received a courtsey call and was told I would have to provide prrof of the warranty when the tech arrives....great...do I have proof? I called and with in 3 minutes I was supplied with a number and guaranteed that the tech could have looked it up too.

OK, so far so good.

I will keep you posted. They just called to say they will be here in 15 minutes...So far so service issues.

GOT TO AGREE, SEARS IS NOT THE STORE I GREW UP WITH. THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO NOT HONOR THE'ER WARRANTIES.

LOOK AT THE'ER PARKING LOTS, TOTALLY EMPTY EVERY DAY. TO BAD, ONCE A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP!!!

#192816

SEARS told us our CAMERA must be sent out for repair SEVEN TIMES before they will consider replacement, AND that will take several months to accomplish BY THEN our WARRANTY will be EXPIRED DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTEES or anything from SEARS

#161935

I totally understand. Sears came out to fix my TV (the appt was scheduled btwn 1p-5p, they showed up at 630p and didn't leave until 815p) and charged me $280.

The TV was not repaired properly and had the same problem within a week. I had another service tech out and he determined the board needed to be sent for repair, this cost and additional $238. Another appointment was made for them to replace the repaired part and this was cancelled. After waiting over a month I told them to cancel the repair and send my board back and refund my money.

They sent back the board and I had another company come, he repaired the board and my TV was fixed within a day. Now Sears will not refund any of my money because I called another company, even though they fixed nothing!! I filed a complaint with BBB, but so far I've gotten nowhere. Sears does not care about its customers, does not respect the time of the customer, and does not fulfill its committments.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would be sent to collections. It is absolutely ridiculous that a company can get away with this!

DON'T SHOP AT SEARS, DON'T HAVE REPAIRS DONE THROUGHT SEARS!! :(

Being a widow and alone-I relied on the extended warranty to help me when I needed to order a part for my weedwacker. I called the number on my "original" receipt-read the warranty number on my receipt-I ordered the part and was given a part reference number as a confirmation and old it would arrive 3-5 days - Today one month later-I called to see where is the part - guess what - No Record Of My Call-No Order and they kept transferring my call _OUTRAGEOUS_TOTAL SCAM_ VERY VERY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF _ DISGUSTING & I"LL NEVER GO BACK AND BUY AS MUCH AS A PENCIL FROM THEM. I'M NOT A WEALTHY PERSON TO BE CHEATED LIKE THIS.

Same scenario here in San Diego ... Tech came out 3 hours late ....

"discovered" that it was a"stacker" washer/dryer machine so he "couldn't do anything because it takes 2 techs to work on a stacker. This was an INSTALL of a BRAND NEW MACHINE ! They brought it with them !!! Then could only leave it in the middle of the driveway until a second tech could come with him (even though I had paid $75 extra for the full in-home installation).

Man, Sears service/installation/repair sucks !!!! I love the Stores, but that back-end business is horrible!

I need help with any suggestions to get Sears to honor a warranty on out 72' Sony TV There was nothing wrong just a part replacement now after 5 weeks and going on our forth repalcement part and the tv is not working it was working befor Sears came ourt for maintenance Now we are getting the royal runaround Help

in response to the original post if the model/serial number is not readable or missing the tech should not have charged you and walked away. It is against company policy to work on any equipment missing this important info.

Also to the person who said shop Best Buy.. go right ahead. Sears has implemented a new repair service called A&E factory services which repairs appliances for all the major retailers including Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot and many other. Also take in mind when shopping at these other stores that sears owns the brand name of Maytag, Whirlpool, and Kenmore.

Also many other brands like Admiral are subsidaries of the above mentioned national brands. 90% of the time if you call your store for warranty work you will get one of these techs to come work on your appliance and they do work with your insurance company also so you stand a good chance of still getting a sears tech. Only way to guarantee it is to pay the repair bill yourself and hire a local repair service to do the repair. Sears is set up to be in a win win situation in todays market.

If you are having a serious problem with the tech service call the main office in Chicago. Believe me they will listen to you or call the manufacturer number listed on your owners manual. I have only seen one machine in many years take months to complete and it wasn't the techs or sears fault. It was the manufacturer that had listed the part numbers wrong in the system.

Don't always blame the first person. It may not be their fault

I agree Sears is no longer a reputable place to shop. I also got stung by their not honoring a warranty on replacement windows.

First off, I have had my hands full with the so-called Sears warranties, customer handling and so many failures in promises by this once upon a time company.

NOTE: SEARS is owned by K_MART based in the USA and there is not a single sq. inch of space or property owned by SEARS anymore. K-MART bought the banner of SEARS and everything and K-MART doesn't honor the old SEARS slogan.

SEARS in Canada, the USA and within other countries internationally officially went bust in 2005 - though, SEARS was already a finished/bankrupt company in the earlier 2000's.

Though no SEARS associate or manager wishes to speak about this....all the present SEARS branded stores ought to be named K-MART so customers would recognize what a foolish company they were really dealing with.

I could make a very long list of people, now educated to the point, where they realize there is no such store as SEARS, and we have all taken our business elsewhere.

Gosh, the troubles the SEARS operation put us through...unthinkable and distressing.

The words I would like to write here to truly reflect our horror with the SEARS branded stores so not appear in the OXFORD or WESBERS dictionaries.

Sears does not wish to honor anything bought through their stores....pushing the buck is what they're all about. Sears is so full of lies and absolute mismanagement - I can see the day when this operation will no longer function under the banner Sears.

I know people who worked at Sears and the horror stories. I have now furthered this by bringing my complaint to the Media, though, I will also lodge a legal complaint against this company.

Since we all come from a historic background by shopping at Sears - this outfit has now lost many customers of big & small ticket items and this list will only get longer

Personally, if I were an associate or manager at this company - I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The rabid attempt to push customers around and not giving a hoot - the lies and more lies....I am not surprised this company is losing money & client base.

DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS is the best I can advise the public........

I had a major issue in regards to SEARS leather furniture and dozens & dozens of calls later - SEARS kept making promises and promises and furthered it by stating an outfit by the name of Paramount Furniture would come by to take a look at my deteriorating leather, after only having had it for a couple of months. It was Sculpted Leather.....never buy this junk!

The dude from Paramount showed up once and took pictures of the damages and I never ever heard back from him again. Scores of calls later to Head Office, I was given excuse after excuse and what an absolute horror story. All those people claiming to be managers, ARE NOT really managers as they say...they are regular associates. I demanded to speak to REAL management when I was finally connected to Head Office to generate my complaint from the beginning again. This is a tediously long complaint, over 100 pages of data while I kept all the data myself of whom I had spoken to, the dates and times and more. This story, to get a FULL WARRANTY LOVESEAT & 2 RECLINERS replaced would end up taking shy of 4 years in total. If this is Warranty and Satisfaction Guaranteed or Money Refunded - then I don't know what other type of lie a company can boast about in a negative neglect.

I have not had my replacement leather furniture, of better quality leather, since May of 2009 and so far so good....God help me if I have to go through another f'nangle with Sears about this again.

I know Sears has my name on ALL of their computers now....instead of organizing their affairs - they continue to hold this data against me - even on new items purchased since the leather issue.

Okay, there was a Washer & Dryer issue too and my first set was purchased by my mother and sent to me as a gift. My mother lives in an alternate province in Canada so ANOTHER HUGE BATTLE. SEARS would "not" allow the set to get returned to a Vancouver store, as they continued to tell me the problem had to do with taxes and rebates. A long battle later, finally I was told the Washing system would get picked up and totally replaced. There is very much left out here but I only dealt with SEARS H/O in Belleville, Ontario.

Gosh, gosh & gosh what absolute grief. Pages and pages of data later - SEARS wouldn't apply the money/rebate towards a new Washing system, so they eventually reimbursed a little to myself and a little to my mom. It all got so disorganized and even the lady at H/O told me she was totally confused, while I told this woman this was all supposed to be a simple trade around towards a different Washing system as the first set didn't work.

LONG-LONG-LONG story short...all the monies were finally returned in the form of cheques and Gift Cards....what a fi'nangle.

Okay, so I bought a much more expensive Washing system with the Gift Cards as the store wouldn't convert the Cards back to cash only. I already had it up to my ears with the incompetence at this Department Store - so I bought a fancy Whirlpool Washing system. Just over a month later, the Dryer continues to work just fine but the Washer doesn't drain as it should and there's always water on the floor. THREE calls for a technician to come over is still to reflect if any technician will ever show. I already know exactly what the store or any SEARS manager will tell me.

I "know" this will be yet another run-around and I soundly advise all people who read this - you can ALL buy the same Washing sytem for cheaper at FUTURE SHOP/BESTBUY and circumvent Sears altogether.

I already know SEARS is having money problems so they have even sold their infamous SEARS TOWER in Chicago to assist in paying down their debts. Just because SEARS has money problems, how do they expect customers to come back and shop some more, when the store can't even back a bra, a pair of panties, small appliances to big appliances....let alone furniture or socks. This SEARS store is a shambles and I will not be a further returning customer...yet more 100's of pages of data later - I've had enough....NO MORE SEARS.....FOLKS SHOP ELSEWHERE TO AVOID THIS B/S WITH SEARS & THEIR SO CALLED WARRANTIES.....EXTENDED WARRANTIES...CHECK UNDER CONSUMER REPORTS & IT WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT THESE WARRANTIES ARE GOOD FOR........ALL A BUNCH MORE LIES.

AVOID THIS OUTFIT LIKE A DEADLY PLAGUE...this SEARS operation is only about taking legal advantage of people and people's money....DO NOT SHOP at SEARS anymore!!!!!