I bought an expensive set of stainless steel pots and pans from Sears, having been told they had a lifetime warranty... if any problem, just return the item and it would be replaced. Subsequently, the heat distribution plate on the bottom of one of the pots fell off.

I took the defective pot to the same Sears store where I had purchased the set. The staff there, including the "Associate Store Manager", told me that there was nothing they could do. He gave me a phone number of "Customer Service at the pot manufacturer's". A call there was fruitless... they didn't handle warranties, and I was referred to another phone number for Customer Service. My call to that number connected me to a company which does only house party type sales.

A call to Sears head office in Toronto was fruitless... they would not do anything to help.

Sears has now lost any future business from my family.

DON'T BUY FROM SEARS!!!

Comments

Yeah Sears is a big racket with their warranties and in my opinion their products in general. You get what you pay for. Just buy a higher quality product from a reputable mom and pop shop and take the extra cost up front. You'll be much happier down the road and hopefully Sears will someday go under.

You wouldn't believe what I am having to go through to get a simple part of a one year old treadmill replaced that broke from normal use. So much for a $125, 3 year extended warranty.

I'm done even going to Sears for anything anymore. I avoid it like the plague when I walk through the mall.