1.1K views
With Company response

The Craftsman Lawn Tractor 2 year warranty expired 4/25/09-less than 6 days ago.We had the leaking trans axle replaced last September under warranty.

We just started using the mower this season since the repair. Less than 5 hours of use this season the trans axle is leaking again! I called Sears warranty and was told because my two year warranty expired 5 days ago they couldn't help me. I then assumed the part would at least be under warranty and was told the part had only a 90 day warranty and I should speak to "Customer Solution".

What a JOKE! They told me the same thing the warranty & parts department told me. I ask to speak with the supervisor and was told there is none but I could write a letter.

They would offer me a discount on the service.It is the part that I wanted warrantied I can replace it myself!

We have been loyal customers of Sears for over 30 years and have spent Tens of Thousands of dollars with them-they have lost a great customer.

Comments

I purchased a Sears Lawn Tractor in the fall of 2011.I have a five year extended warranty.

The carburetor had to be replaced after using the tractor less than 20 hours. The warranty covered this.

My steering wheel recently cracked in four places and I could not safely steer the tractor while cutting grass. I called Sears to order a new steering wheel and was told that it was considered a cosmetic item and was not covered by my warranty.

REALLY...cosmetic...how can you operate a Lawn Tractor without a steering wheel!

Guess u should have put more time on it, that sucks. They did me OK when mine broke at 82 hours

Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada #692770

Bought a small lawn tractor from Sears and the two year warrenty ran out two months ago.It has been in the shop three times and just this week the cogs in the plastic transmission went.

The model is no longer made by Sears.

Not happy with the product or support from Sears.Beware if purchasing a large time from them as they do not support their customers!

to Unhappy Greenville, South Carolina, United States #860653

Yeah watch them, mine transaxle broke at 82 hours they say it's the frame that mounts the transaxle and I still had less than a year warranty and they're giving me a tractor that cost as much as mine did in 2010 what that means it's smaller 26 horsepower to maybe 22 losing a 54 inch cutting deck to maybe 46 or 48that tractor today cost 3000 plus tax mine was 1900ish then. Thought things get cheaper

Irwin, Iowa, United States #443259

Battery will not hold a charge, returned to store for in warranty replacement. Manager said tractor has bad wiring and would not replace the battery...WTF!

Never going back to Sears!

cespos2

Same problem for me.Had an issue fixed last fall and it is broken again.

My Lawn Tractor is firing on only one cylinder again. Guess they design the part to last 1 year and no longer so they can fix it once and then charge you to fix it a second time.

Tech told me it was a common problem last time they fixed it.Guess they just use junk parts.

Same problem for me.Had an issue fixed last fall and it is broken again.

My Lawn Tractor is firing on only one cylinder again.Guess they design the part to last 1 year and no longer.

from reading your comment i assume you chose to stay with the manufacture "LIMITED" warranty and did not pay for a 3 year warranty that was offered to you at the time you purchased your tractor.i deal with this all the time and unfortunately it is not sears fault for you making this decision.

that is why we offer the 3-5 year warranty at the store so customers do not have to experience this issue.you should only be pist at yourself and not sears.

to lawn & garden sales ***ociate Greenville, South Carolina, United States #860656

I loved my 2010 26hp 54 inch deck, but they said the tranaxle Mont broke and I'm getting a new one under the 5 year manufacturer's warrty just smaller because they cost more now.I'm happy they even came out the day I called.

I'm not kidding can't really ask for more only if they could fix big red, had it broke in good.That puppy's mother was to much for the trans I think

If waranty is expire then is expire no, ya? I no see yu wan specia treet coz of big mouuth this fair, no, ya?