With Company response Not resolved

I called Sears warranty service today at 1-800-4-MY-HOME as the "smart control panel" for my Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Model # 139.53918D) no longer will open or close the garage door when the open/close button is pressed. This part failed after the first 12 months.

The additional limited warranty on parts states, "From the 91st day up to 3 year from the date of purchase, replacement parts for any defective parts on this product will be furnished, free of charge. You pay for labor."

Sears wants to charge $ 75.00 for a technician to come, so that they can press the button, and see nothing happening. The replacement cost on the part is ~ $ 95.00 + shipping.

The part is easily replaced by the consumer, yet Sears won't ship the part without a technician coming out to examine the unit.

This is a warning to any consumer's thinking that you'll be able to get free parts on Sears Craftsman products. Note that they require a $ 75.00 fee for a technician to come out to examine the defective part, so those parts aren't exactly going to be free as you'll be paying $ 75.00, and the exorbitant markups on parts from Sears is just another way that they get you. Beware!

Review about: Sears Shipping Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear terminator2011,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and we’re sorry for the problems encountered with your garage door opener. My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalation team.

We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers look into this repair issue and make sure this issue is resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (terminator2011), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

We look forward speaking to you soon.

Edwin C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

terminator2011
to Sears Response Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #804659

You guys have some Chutzpah! So Edwin made arrangements for the warranty service people to come out, and about two months ago they came out and replaced the garage door opener pad, and I thought all was well and done.

All is good..., right...well no!

Today 4/13/2014 I receive in the mail a "2nd Invoice", (Please note I never got a 1st invoice) from Sears, Invoice Date 4/7/2014, Invoice # 0007084-41781147 showing a balance of $ 57.05!!

So this FREE REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT THAT EDWIN C. SETUP, and that I had to wait approximately six weeks for due to THEIR SCHEDULING ISSUES, THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY FOR PARTS AND LABOR as agreed by Edwin C.

IS NOW being billed at $ 57.05 to me.

I just have no words to express my frustration and contempt for this company at this moment. Needless to say this bill needs to be credited internally within Sears, and attributed to WARRANTY SERVICE AS AGREED BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT.

What a cluster....